Deuces, Tyreek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deuces, Tyreek

Looks like the Chiefs will be in the market for a wideout this weekend after all.

Chiefs player or not, there's no place for domestic abuse

I haven't heard the audio, only read about it

Sounds like she was baiting him and he denied it....as always, I'd like to get more facts, but it doesn't help his case that he's got a history of abuse:

Earlier Thursday evening, KCTV in Kansas City aired part of an 11-minute audio file in which Espinal tells Hill that when asked about an injury to the child's arm, the boy replied: "Daddy did it.''

Hill denies any role in what happened to the child's arm, adding: "He says Daddy does a lot of things."

Espinal then says, "A 3-year-old is not going to lie about what happened to his arm.''

"Daddy did it," Espinal says, paraphrasing the boy. "He is terrified of you."

Hill responds, according to the recording: "You need to be terrified of me, too, b----."

Later in the recording, Espinal says, "He kept saying 'Daddy punches me,' which you do when he starts crying. What do you do? You make him open up his arms, and you punch him in the chest. Then if he gets in trouble, you get the belt out.''

The conversation was recorded as the couple walked through Dubai International Airport, according to KCTV. No date for the conversation was given.

The portion of the recording played on KCTV on Thursday starts with Espinal saying, "We were getting into it, and he said, 'Daddy, you're mean.' So we walked up the stairs. You said, 'Come back down here,' and he didn't want to go down there. But I was like, 'Go down there because it will end up worse for you.' So he walked down there and then you were getting on his [deleted]. ... Then he started crying, and you were like, 'Shut up, shut up, stop crying. Shut up, shut up, stop crying.'"

Hill replies, "Right.''

Espinal continues: "Then he kept crying because he was scared. He was terrified, and you grabbed on to him or he fell, one of the two.''

Hill says, "I didn't do nothing. That's sad, bro. That's really sad.''

That's when Espinal asks Hill why their son said Hill did it.

At another point in the recording, Espinal brings up the investigations by the Overland Park (Kansas) Police Department and the Kansas Department for Children and Families.

"Now, somehow this investigation got brought back up, and you're about to lose your [deleted],'' she says.

"Now, I really want you [to] sit and think about it because I rode for you against that detective and the [DCF] people.''

Espinal then talks about what Hill does when their son starts crying.

Howe was given a copy of the tape and told KCTV that he is reviewing the audio.

Comment

This news is not humerus

Comment

Unfortunately, I lost the capacity to be surprised by these things a long time ago, but it's still frustrating as hell. I know some people see sports teams' propensity for second chances as a positive quality, but it really strains credibility when the original offense is beating your partner as opposed to, say, peeing in public after a long night at the bar or getting busted for a little weed.

I kinda go back to the Kareem Hunt thing. Even though the Chiefs did the right thing in cutting Hunt when they did, it's really skeezy that being embarrassed that he lied to them, and not that he beat a girl up, was the last straw. It's a similar thing here: The Chiefs gave Hill a second chance after what happened in college, he seemed to be handling his mandated punishment in an exemplary fashion, but now they have egg on their face and THAT'S what's too much for them to handle.

I don't expect the NFL or its teams to be paragons of morality (goodness, why would anyone?) but the shamelessness, self-interest and abject refusal to expect better and dig deeper into alleged incidents despite abundant resources in favor of giving the benefit of the doubt to people who don't deserve it continue to chafe me.

Eat at Arby's.

Comment

Heard on the radio that the Fiance has been assaulted.

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
            Heard on the radio that the Fiance has been assaulted.
            The fiancé or the fiancée? Also, great example of the inferiority of the passive voice. Assaulted by whom? Just a very unsatisfying post. C'mon, man . . .

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
              Unfortunately, I lost the capacity to be surprised by these things a long time ago, but it's still frustrating as hell. I know some people see sports teams' propensity for second chances as a positive quality, but it really strains credibility when the original offense is beating your partner as opposed to, say, peeing in public after a long night at the bar or getting busted for a little weed.

I kinda go back to the Kareem Hunt thing. Even though the Chiefs did the right thing in cutting Hunt when they did, it's really skeezy that being embarrassed that he lied to them, and not that he beat a girl up, was the last straw. It's a similar thing here: The Chiefs gave Hill a second chance after what happened in college, he seemed to be handling his mandated punishment in an exemplary fashion, but now they have egg on their face and THAT'S what's too much for them to handle.

I don't expect the NFL or its teams to be paragons of morality (goodness, why would anyone?) but the shamelessness, self-interest and abject refusal to expect better and dig deeper into alleged incidents despite abundant resources in favor of giving the benefit of the doubt to people who don't deserve it continue to chafe me.

Eat at Arby's.
              It's cute that you still believe that the chiefs didn't know the whole story until we did

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

It's cute that you still believe that the chiefs didn't know the whole story until we did
                I don’t think I said that anywhere in my post.

Maybe this is me being cynical, but my default stance is that teams either know about stuff like this and just hope it stays under wraps, or that they go out of their way to not know so as to maintain deniability. Both are bad.

Comment

I’m gonna go the opposite way on this, it seems. If the league doesn’t boot them, why should a team cut a player? The Chiefs cut Hunt, and Hunt signs with the Browns, gets an 8 game suspension levied for next season, yet is immediately added to the Brown’s active roster. Only the Chiefs are punished in this scenario.

Don’t get me wrong, I think every one of these shitbags and other felons should be booted from the league permanently. But if they aren’t, why should the team that these turds happen to be on when the thuggery happens be the only ones to suffer.?

Comment

His name is Reek, now.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                      I’m gonna go the opposite way on this, it seems. If the league doesn’t boot them, why should a team cut a player? The Chiefs cut Hunt, and Hunt signs with the Browns, gets an 8 game suspension levied for next season, yet is immediately added to the Brown’s active roster. Only the Chiefs are punished in this scenario.

Don’t get me wrong, I think every one of these shitbags and other felons should be booted from the league permanently. But if they aren’t, why should the team that these turds happen to be on when the thuggery happens be the only ones to suffer.?
                      You're not wrong, but most people care way more about image than logic. Speaking of, are high profile jobs like these the only ones where people get fired /permanently banned by a company for something without even ever being convicted of something? If you have a really good accountant in your accounting department at a medium sized corporate job, but there are insinuations that he may be abusing his wife, does a company can him even if he is never charged/convicted? I don't think so, only thing that affects his job status is what he does at work. Maybe I'm wrong here and all companies operate like the NFL and other sports leagues.

Personally, I don't want the Chiefs to cut tyreek until they have assurances from the league that he will be banned from the NFL, I don't want the brown's picking him up too after a 1 year suspension, either he plays (sits) for the chiefs, or he plays for nobody.

Comment

Another thing that bugs me about this recording, and I'm not saying I think Tyreek is innocent, at all, but she does all the talking and insinuating, he never actually claims he does anything other than telling the kid to shut up, and telling her she should be terrified of him. I don't think you can convict him of anything based on that audio. Unless there is more to it than the transcripts I've seen. That may be part of the reason the chiefs haven't cut him yet.

We still don't know exactly what happened to the kids arm. The whole thing is a mess, their relationship is toxic, he's obviously a piece of shit. But I don't know that they'll be able to convict him of anything, and if they can't what are the odds the NFL will still ban him? < 50%?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
                          Another thing that bugs me about this recording, and I'm not saying I think Tyreek is innocent, at all, but she does all the talking and insinuating, he never actually claims he does anything other than telling the kid to shut up, and telling her she should be terrified of him. I don't think you can convict him of anything based on that audio. Unless there is more to it than the transcripts I've seen. That may be part of the reason the chiefs haven't cut him yet.

We still don't know exactly what happened to the kids arm. The whole thing is a mess, their relationship is toxic, he's obviously a piece of shit. But I don't know that they'll be able to convict him of anything, and if they can't what are the odds the NFL will still ban him? < 50%?
                          He agrees with her when she says he hits the kid regularly. "And you were doing that thing where you make him stretch out his arms and you punch him in the chest." "Yeah."

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

You're not wrong, but most people care way more about image than logic. Speaking of, are high profile jobs like these the only ones where people get fired /permanently banned by a company for something without even ever being convicted of something? If you have a really good accountant in your accounting department at a medium sized corporate job, but there are insinuations that he may be abusing his wife, does a company can him even if he is never charged/convicted? I don't think so, only thing that affects his job status is what he does at work. Maybe I'm wrong here and all companies operate like the NFL and other sports leagues.

Personally, I don't want the Chiefs to cut tyreek until they have assurances from the league that he will be banned from the NFL, I don't want the brown's picking him up too after a 1 year suspension, either he plays (sits) for the chiefs, or he plays for nobody.
                            Lots of companies will fire employees for exhibiting violent behavior, particularly when those employees interface with the public. But even if not, they still pose a risk to coworkers. If the employer is aware that an employee has violent tendencies, and a coworker or client/customer is injured, the injured party may have a cause of action for negligent hiring and/or retention. So, yes. Employers do have an incentive to care beyond pure morality.

Comment

Even though the Chiefs did the right thing in cutting Hunt when they did, it's really skeezy that being embarrassed that he lied to them, and not that he beat a girl up, was the last straw.

I don’t think I said that anywhere in my post.

Maybe this is me being cynical, but my default stance is that teams either know about stuff like this and just hope it stays under wraps, or that they go out of their way to not know so as to maintain deniability. Both are bad.
                              That's how I translated the first thing you said...the Chiefs (and any other team that does this, which is all of them) didn't do anything right and do not deserve credit for anything they did. They literally held on to him and no doubt worked their asses off to keep that shit quiet....they were not lied to, they know everything that goes on with every one of their players....they pandered to the public and let everyone suck their dicks for it

Again, this isn't a chiefs thing, the NFL is a shit organization that just has ungodly amounts of money

As long as it's fun for fans to watch, they will look after their assets in any way possible....and sometimes the pesky public will get in the way of a running game in spite of all efforts to prevent it

Comment

Working...
                              X