Les Miles talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Miles talk

So I've read a lot of Miles talk on KUsports and phog. Though I want badly for him to be our coach I'm cautiously optimistic and blatantly terrified who it might be so I did a search for les Miles Kansas. It's the first thing that pops up on Google before you finishing typing Miles. There is a cbs sports article that is the first article to pop up. The first coach listed and claims Miles is interested but that their has been no contact between he and Long. It also details their history so seems odd their would have been no contact. But it is the first statement I've seen saying Miles is interested

IF Miles and Long/donors have an agreement, they’re likely very, VERY careful in their wording. If what Gem says is true that he’s the guy, he’s likely out recruiting without restrictions asking kids to commit to him (not a school); knowing full well where they’re going. The second they officially contact him, I wouldn’t be surprised if NCAA restrictions kick in. And additionally we can’t officially offer him the job until we go through the EEOC process. Even the hint that he was hired without going through that process could put KU at risk for suit.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
      IF Miles and Long/donors have an agreement, they’re likely very, VERY careful in their wording. If what Gem says is true that he’s the guy, he’s likely out recruiting without restrictions asking kids to commit to him (not a school); knowing full well where they’re going. The second they officially contact him, I wouldn’t be surprised if NCAA restrictions kick in. And additionally we can’t officially offer him the job until we go through the EEOC process. Even the hint that he was hired without going through that process could put KU at risk for suit.
      I think this is what's happening, although I don't to what extent Miles would actually be recruiting at this point. That could get tricky.
      Last edited by Protist; 1 week ago.

Comment

You have to understand how this works. It is probably a true statement that there hasn't been any contact between Miles and Long. However it is quite possible Long has been speaking to his agent/attorney. Gaging interest, requirements etc. The old plausible deniability thing. Been doing that with other guys as well one would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LifestyleJayhawk View Post
          You have to understand how this works. It is probably a true statement that there hasn't been any contact between Miles and Long. However it is quite possible Long has been speaking to his agent/attorney. Gaging interest, requirements etc. The old plausible deniability thing. Been doing that with other guys as well one would guess.
          Yep. You have to read between the lines. Same with a lot of Long's presser. If you took his words at face value, you'd think he suddenly decided to fire Beaty on Sunday and has only just now started to come up with candidates.

Comment

I know nothing about the Miles situation at LSU. Why was he fired? Was a case of he was very good but not very good enough? Please lord, don't give me another Charlie Weiss, a coach who uses his name to bilk schools out of millions and doesn't give a shit about doing his job.

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
              I know nothing about the Miles situation at LSU. Why was he fired? Was a case of he was very good but not very good enough? Please lord, don't give me another Charlie Weiss, a coach who uses his name to bilk schools out of millions and doesn't give a shit about doing his job.
              That is exactly why LSU fired him, yes. Difference between him and Weiss is, he's actually a very good coach and recruiter. But when you hire an old dude, there is always a chance he's looking for one more paycheck, and KU is ripe for the grifting. I'm somewhat assuaged of that by the fact that Long and Miles go way back and are kinda friends. I'm not sure Miles would fuck Long like that.

Comment

The way I see it, Miles has a legacy to fuck up while Weiss didn't.

Comment

I didn't think college was subject to this stupid mess? I'm not at all racist, I just don't see the point in interviewing candidates based on race/ethnicity, especially if you have a target. If I'm reading this correctly, Long has to find a token black guy to interview before he can hire Miles.

Comment

I certainly could be wrong, but I think it’s less that it’s a college issue and more the fact KU is a public university. And despite the fact the majority of his compensation comes from KUAD, I do believe part of it comes from the state as a public employee.

Comment

I certainly could be wrong, but I think it’s less that it’s a college issue and more the fact KU is a public university. And despite the fact the majority of his compensation comes from KUAD, I do believe part of it comes from the state as a public employee.
                      Yes. They must publicly post the job opening and go through a formal "process".

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post

Yes. They must publicly post the job opening and go through a formal "process".
                        Is that one week or longer?

Comment

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post

Is that one week or longer?
                          Honestly I'm not sure. So long as they go through the motions, I'm unaware that there are specific time restrictions. But there could be?

Comment

KU has a policy to advertise all job openings. The only exception is if it is a promotion. One of the more embarrassing moments in KU sports history had to do with the hiring of a certain assistant b-ball coach. The ad said one of the requirements was to have a college degree. The guy they wanted to hire didn't have one. He did play in the NBA. So the job ad was changed to to college degree or substantial professional experience. So he got the job. Guess who....

Comment

Originally posted by LifestyleJayhawk View Post
                              KU has a policy to advertise all job openings. The only exception is if it is a promotion. One of the more embarrassing moments in KU sports history had to do with the hiring of a certain assistant b-ball coach. The ad said one of the requirements was to have a college degree. The guy they wanted to hire didn't have one. He did play in the NBA. So the job ad was changed to to college degree or substantial professional experience. So he got the job. Guess who....
                              Too easy. One Ed Manning, who happened to have a very talented son

Comment

Working...
                              X