No announcement yet.

Dude wtf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad we won. Any signs of life will ultimately help this program - bit by bit. But I just won't devote any time or emotional energy to a program that the school refuses to invest anything more than lip-service in.

Comment

Beaty needs to go. However the safety play was creative and well thought out. If Bender puts a bit more loft on the throw, the clock would have expired before the ball hit something. I haven't officiated since the late 90s. I had to get my rule book out because of the pass out of the end zone. Sure enough it says any dead ball play, except a forward pass, on fourth down from the end zone is a safety.

Not that it matters but if the clock hit zero, before the ball hit the canopy, would it even have been a safety? The game would have been over, so I don't see how it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Thejayhawk78 View Post
        Beaty needs to go. However the safety play was creative and well thought out. If Bender puts a bit more loft on the throw, the clock would have expired before the ball hit something. I haven't officiated since the late 90s. I had to get my rule book out because of the pass out of the end zone. Sure enough it says any dead ball play, except a forward pass, on fourth down from the end zone is a safety.

Not that it matters but if the clock hit zero, before the ball hit the canopy, would it even have been a safety? The game would have been over, so I don't see how it could be.
        Yeah, it still would be a safety. And I agree that it was good coaching, even though it pains me to admit.

Comment

We won a friggin' Big 12 conference game! WHOO HOO!!!

The Browns fired Hue today, so why can't KU fire Beaty after the next loss? Just cut ties with him.

Comment

Beaty isn't getting fired until the end of the season. They don't want to name you know who as an interim.He isn't winning another game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thejayhawk78 View Post
              Yes. The play is allowed to run to its completion even though game time expired before the play finished.

Comment

Working...
              X