Bye Week Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiteJak View Post

I don't think that the turnover margin is a fluke. We are making fewer technical mistakes overall on both sides of the ball and we are managing field position a little better.

However, we also have a very tough schedule coming up. When you are #1 in turnover margin and #92 in sacks and # 80 something in total defense and have a tough schedule coming up, it is probably cause for concern. I anticipate that there will be a "centering" effect on those turnovers. I wish I could find some statistics for quarterback "hurries" but I haven't so far. At any rate I'll take take that margin, it's a darn sight better than it's been since the Mangino days. My sense is that Miller brings some expertise that we've been missing, It seems he works well with Bowen and that has contributed to the breakthough, and they have stabilized some aspects of the defense.
    Along with bringing Miller in, They kicked Kenny Perry's ass to the side and Bowen is working directly with the CBs while Sendish was brought in to help with safeties.

I don't think it's a coincidence why we are seeing improvement at that level of the defense. LB was a steady group to begin with.

Comment

So Meachum was fired. Is this Beaty's play for keeping his job for another year?

Comment

The Meachum firing makes no sense other than Beaty being an ass? But hey, it's one less coach to get rid of when the new coach comes in with his own staff. I'm sure Meachum will have a new job in a shorter time span than Beaty will.

Comment

I haven't seen one good explanation for this

Wtf

Comment

I think it 1) gives Meachum his buyout and 2) allows him to start looking for a new job much sooner. I’ll bet he gets hired on fairly quickly with a good school. Which is just another slap in our Jayhawk faces about how embarrassing our program is.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
              I think it 1) gives Meachum his buyout and 2) allows him to start looking for a new job much sooner. I’ll bet he gets hired on fairly quickly with a good school. Which is just another slap in our Jayhawk faces about how embarrassing our program is.
              Yeah, makes us look even more unattractive somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

I mean, normally with the results he had teams would probably say no thanks. But they’ll probably say instead “yeah the results were bad, but they were with kansas who have a dogshit program so we’ll overlook them.” IE not his fault. He’ll get hired on on the strength of his TCU tenure.

Comment

He will get hired on as an OL coach at a decent program and be fine.

That said, there were clearly some issues between DB and Meachum. I would have rather seen Beaty shown the door, and I think he's the source of all the problems because he seems to be a meddler, but something had to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

I think it makes Beaty look more unattractive. Makes him look petty and difficult to work with because he has a track record of running through assistant coaches.

Don't think it's a referendum one way or the other on the program.

Comment

As long as he’s the head coach he IS the program.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedd_Fisch

So this has come up on Slant and even JK admits the poster has some inside knowledge.

Out of way left field but I must say I wouldn't hate it. Don't like his lack of HC experience and his job hopping but he's been hired by a lot of good coaches and has some high level experience.

Comment

Couldn't be any worse than what we've already tried.

Comment

Working...
                          X