Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That left handed throw though

Nm

Mahomes is magical. I liked Smith more than most, but there’s absolutely no comparison.

Also, I was watching a few replays and Von Miller nearly had a 99-yard pick six on the Kelce TD. Read the play perfectly, but the pass went by him just a tick too fast.

Comment

Comment

Dude has some serious skills. Most times when a team has a 2nd and 30 you figure it's all over,but not Mahomes. Dude can throw to any spot on the field from any angle.

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
          Dude has some serious skills. Most times when a team has a 2nd and 30 you figure it's all over,but not Mahomes. Dude can throw to any spot on the field from any angle.
          I'm still laughing at 2nd and 30. What a kick to Denver's balls that was. In fact, the entire 4th quarter was.

Comment

Who was the guy doing the color for Monday Night Football? It seemed like his favorite word was "managable." As in , You get that completion and it's 3rd and 80 which is very managable.

I kept thinking of the line from Princess Bride
            You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Comment

As a Raider fan in KC, all I can do is cry

Comment

beakum the guy is Jason Witten

Comment

^^ He needs some work.

Comment

Jacksonville has to be the chippiest team I have ever seen. Every halfway decent play they made they would come out pimping and strutting. They definitely got inside the heads of the Chiefs. I think they are my new least favorite team not named Broncos or Patriots.

Comment

In Texas, I don't often get the opportunity to watch the Chefs, but I did today. Man, what an exciting team. I'm going to bandwagon them hard for the rest of the season.

Comment

Is it losers mentality to be pissed that Dee Ford got tackled on the long pass to Gronk with no call?

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
                          Is it losers mentality to be pissed that Dee Ford got tackled on the long pass to Gronk with no call?
                          The Chiefs mauled Gronk throughout the game, so I don't know that I'd spend very much energy on penalties. Silly as it is, you have to expect an unfair whistle when you go to Gillette.

I think the bigger swings (in order) were:
                          1. Speaks not finishing the sack on Brady - I get that he thought he would've caught a roughing call, but the stakes were too high in that situation.
                          2. The decision to kick the 30-yard FG down 27-16.
                          3. The decision to kick the PAT down 2.
                          4. Tackling Gronk instead of letting him score and giving Mahomes a few chances.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

The Chiefs mauled Gronk throughout the game, so I don't know that I'd spend very much energy on penalties. Silly as it is, you have to expect an unfair whistle when you go to Gillette.

I think the bigger swings (in order) were:
                            1. Speaks not finishing the sack on Brady - I get that he thought he would've caught a roughing call, but the stakes were too high in that situation.
                            2. The decision to kick the 30-yard FG down 27-16.
                            3. The decision to kick the PAT down 2.
                            4. Tackling Gronk instead of letting him score and giving Mahomes a few chances.
                            1. Wouldn't have mattered, there was holding in the end zone by the Chiefs called. NE probably gets a TD regardless, but who knows.
                            2. Agree.
                            3. In this particular game, which was a shoot out, I disagree. With a quarter to play and neither team able to stop the other, you can't chase points. This is very debatable though.
                            4. This is too cute for real life. Yes, theoretically, statistically, maybe you're right. But that isn't how players behave on the field. Hell, you might was well say Hill should have stepped out of bounds at the 1 yard line rather than score a TD with 3+ minutes left so they could run more time off the clock. It just doesn't happen in football, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Protist View Post

4. This is too cute for real life. Yes, theoretically, statistically, maybe you're right. But that isn't how players behave on the field. Hell, you might was well say Hill should have stepped out of bounds at the 1 yard line rather than score a TD with 3+ minutes left so they could run more time off the clock. It just doesn't happen in football, ever.
                              Players intentionally go out of bounds with the ball all the time. I'll concede that letting players score so you can get the ball back quicker might be tougher to coach because it's so different from the norm and you're competing against your own adrenaline, though. I think it could be possible over time, but that's a different discussion.

Comment

Working...
                              X