Ryan Willis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Willis

I am watching him play against Duke. He looks pretty good. He just feathered in a 27 yd. touchdown pass. He looks comfortable and is making some nice throws. He's a bunch better than Bender and a bit better than Stanley too. It sounds like he's still quite cocky, but it's sure amazing how a good coach can recognize and bring out the talent in a player.

And now another TD strike; this time 67 yards.

Comment

Sigh.

Comment

Now 13-20 for 266 yds, 2 TD, no INT in third quarter

Comment

The most depressing part is that he really doesn’t look great, but he’s definitely good enough with a competent coach. This shit-show has gone on long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
            The most depressing part is that he really doesn’t look great, but he’s definitely good enough with a competent coach. This shit-show has gone on long enough.
            I agree. He's not a Tier 1 quarterback. A couple of throws have been lucky.

P.S. - Make that 3 TD passes now.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteJak View Post

I agree. He's not a Tier 1 quarterback. A couple of throws have been lucky.

P.S. - Make that 3 TD passes now.
              Tier 1 or not, the guy threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's.

I also remember watching Montel Cozart play last year at Boise State. He actually looked competent. He signed with the Calgary Stampeders in August.

This coaching staff wouldn't recognize talent if it slapped them in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post

Tier 1 or not, the guy threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's.

I also remember watching Montel Cozart play last year at Boise State. He actually looked competent. He signed with the Calgary Stampeders in August.

This coaching staff wouldn't recognize talent if it slapped them in the face.
                I think they’re plenty capable of recognizing it. They’re just incompetent in developing, utilizing, or keeping it.

Was Cozart the guy who was terrified of taking a hit and regularly ran out of bounds rather than stretching even a bit to get a first? Or am I thinking someone else? Cummings perhaps?

Comment

The way I see it, with competent and consistent coaching from a capable coaching staff that could deal with is father and his initial immaturity he might have been a very nice quarterback for us in his junior and senior seasons. Perhaps he could have developed into "David Jaynes lite" (who he reminded me of as a freshman). My best guess is that he will be undrafted or a very late round pick and a very long shot to make the roster of an NFL or CFL team at some point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

I think they’re plenty capable of recognizing it. They’re just incompetent in developing, utilizing, or keeping it.

Was Cozart the guy who was terrified of taking a hit and regularly ran out of bounds rather than stretching even a bit to get a first? Or am I thinking someone else? Cummings perhaps?
                    I don't think they are. At least when it comes to recognizing the talent in 2 star kids that just need some development. Mangino was good at this because at Kansas, you HAVE to be. I also don't think he can recognize QB talent. See the current shitshow. Bender absolutely sucks and is the WRONG type of QB for this KU team and yet.....he starts when healthy.

Comment

Check out the KU Sports website. The writers started asking Beaty about who would start next week, and he had to 'review the tape.' He absolutely refuses to believe Stanley is the man, but he realized that Bender is too immobile against OSU's defense. He wants Kendrick back.

Comment

Working...
                      X