Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    We do seem to be improved. But the question I keep asking myself is, "After four years, what is the overall state of the program?" And when I ask that question I see a long list of failures relative to where I think we should be at this time.

    As far as the original question: No, demotion/retention would be a terrible idea. Either give Beaty another year or hire a new coach and let him build the program his own way.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by WhiteJak View Post
      We do seem to be improved. But the question I keep asking myself is, "After four years, what is the overall state of the program?" And when I ask that question I see a long list of failures relative to where I think we should be at this time.

      As far as the original question: No, demotion/retention would be a terrible idea. Either give Beaty another year or hire a new coach and let him build the program his own way.
      Here's the way I see it, we are this year, where we should have been last year...but last year, we took a step WAY back from the prior year...it makes no sense

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

        Here's the way I see it, we are this year, where we should have been last year...but last year, we took a step WAY back from the prior year...it makes no sense
        Not only that, our roster isn't exactly young. Just look at our depth chart:

        http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football.../kansas/90797/

        Between that and our juco-heavy recruiting, this is as good as it's going to get for the foreseeable future.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by ono View Post

          Not only that, our roster isn't exactly young. Just look at our depth chart:

          http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football.../kansas/90797/

          Between that and our juco-heavy recruiting, this is as good as it's going to get for the foreseeable future.
          A huge problem is that both our offensive and defensive lines will be ravaged by graduation. We'll have some skill positions in the pipeline, but no one to block and protect, and no way to bring defensive pressure. How we handle the redshirt situation (beginning this week and for the rest of the season) is going to be critical. I'll be watching the sophomores closely to see who plays and who doesn't. I don't know how we can keep Pooka and Corionne through a coaching change, but hopefully we can. It's probably going to require a big name hire or Long has to absolutely nail the right up and comer.

          P.S. - I am sure that Army's performance against OU this past week hasn't been lost on our fan base.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
            I will say, to all the negativity, I honestly think we were improved on defense (not that it's hard to do)...and this isn't a KEEP BEATY AND BOWEN comment. I have seen tackles the last couple weeks that we just didn't make in the past

            We've always bitched that we need to get back to fundamentals and I think we've seen some of that ....
            I attribute a good part of that to Bill Miller.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by WhiteJak View Post

              I attribute a good part of that to Bill Miller.
              Yeah, I wasn't trying to give Bowen a bunch of credit or anything....dude has had more opportunities than SZ probably

              Comment


              • #37
                ^ that and we've also added a lot of pieces to the d-line, completely turned over the secondary, and demoted Kenny Perry to special teams.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ono View Post
                  ^ that and we've also added a lot of pieces to the d-line, completely turned over the secondary, and demoted Kenny Perry to special teams.
                  Ok, so this regime has shown they can make some adjustments, so it CAN be done, I think we just need the right people at the top, and, sadly, demotion or not, I don't think this includes Beaty or Bowen

                  I don't have the vitriol for them, Zenger is the only person I was legitimately pissed at, I just want to be 4-8 to 6-6

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Problem is, this regime has adapted but in doing so, just perpetuated the problems under Weis. More Jucos, killing future roster numbers. At least his Jucos have stuck, unlike Chuck's.

                    My biggest disappointment (outside of general failure) is the utter inability to recruit Texas high schools. HCDB and his buddy Perry were hired specifically to stock the roster with TX preps, and they have not done that in the slightest.

                    I do tend to share your opinion - I'm not going to get mad at a man who accepted a job he's unqualified for, I'm going to get mad at the guy who hired him. And that same guy provided no oversight w/r/t the roster, which fucks us into the future.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Let's see if people still think we have improved from previous years once the Big XII runs a train on us in earnest. Baylor hardly counts.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Protist View Post
                        Let's see if people still think we have improved from previous years once the Big XII runs a train on us in earnest. Baylor hardly counts.
                        Man, fuck this attitude...I know it's what you do and you think it's cheeky and fun, but baylor ran train on us last year and they didn't this year

                        We beat two miserable teams soundly that we lost to badly last year...we are NOT good, but we are improved, i've seen better fundamentals with my own eyes

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Didn't play Rutgers last year. The talent may be better than it was last year, but it's fools gold. You still have the same coaches. THe same people who iced OUR kicker with a time out. The guys who couldn't figure out some QBs can run. I have no idea what they do in practice.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Did the defense look improved today???

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X