Kiss of Death?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiss of Death?

"We all expected a different outcome Saturday but I continue to support our student-athletes and coaches and ask all Jayhawks to do the same. Our evaluation of the program is on-going without a predetermined timeline."

He's fucking lost. What exactly did this guy say during his interview that got KU thinking hiring him was a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
      He's fucking lost. What exactly did this guy say during his interview that got KU thinking hiring him was a good idea?
      Wat

Comment

Oh, I assumed this was a Beaty quote? No?

Comment

Oh, I assumed this was a Beaty quote? No?
          That's Jeff Long, apologies...I thoguht his name was in the quote, but I was wrong

Comment

I'm lead to believe THIS was a beaty quote:
            “As a fan that was one entertaining, fun-to-watch game."

Comment

“Lol, I just made $30k while letting Nichols HC call that play for me in OT. Man this is so much fun as a fan.”

Comment

Honestly, I hope Beatty is successful in his next job. He’s just in over his head here. Maybe he’ll go work for someone who will teach him how to actually run a football team. Maybe he’ll take that experience and in 5-10 years become a very successful head coach somewhere else. That’s up to him though. His failure here is as much on Zenger for putting him in charge when he clearly wasn’t ready. Fucking purp.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                  Honestly, I hope Beatty is successful in his next job. He’s just in over his head here. Maybe he’ll go work for someone who will teach him how to actually run a football team. Maybe he’ll take that experience and in 5-10 years become a very successful head coach somewhere else. That’s up to him though. His failure here is as much on Zenger for putting him in charge when he clearly wasn’t ready. Fucking purp.
                  Yeah, I mean, I think I saw TG is something like 52-29 at Liberty, some guys aren't cut out for the big time....I have no ill will towards Beaty, I just don't think he's the guy for the job

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                    "We all expected a different outcome Saturday but I continue to support our student-athletes and coaches and ask all Jayhawks to do the same. Our evaluation of the program is on-going without a predetermined timeline."
                    One interpretation is that Long has already decided the "what" (fire), but not the "when" (hasn't determined the timeline). That makes sense to me. He could be evaluating assistants for the interim position, he could be talking to outside coaches, and he could be simply deciding what the best timeline is. I would say that the morning after the West Virginia (they will boat race us) game might be one possibility because that would give the interim an off-week to prepare for the next game, which is a marginally winnable game (TTU). I question whether he can hold off that long, but I suppose he could depending on how his talks with other people are working out. Yes, I think it is pretty much the kiss of death.

Comment

He was also very likely responding to a when question. “When are you going to make the call?” “There is no established timeline.” Which makes legal sense.

Comment

Wasn’t there some great PowerPoint presentation involved?

Comment

I think Rutgers will be DB's last game.

That statement from Long sounds like to me that he's made the decision and is now just getting his ducks in a row... funding, interim tag, etc. That statement is less enthusiastic about DB to me than the "vote of confidence" would be IMO.

Comment

I think it's Baylor the next week. IF we are 0-4 and non-competitive in the only conference game we should be close in, it's over for DB. Bye-Bye, So Long, Farewell

Comment

Working...
                            X