So ... the running game ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ... the running game ...

Beaty said he was committing to it. Did he mean later this season?

He’s committed to running us out of the Big XII. I think he’s succeeding.

Comment

He runs off at the mouth a lot; seems committed to it.

Comment

Our backs suck and we have no offensive line. Luckily, our play calling is even worse.

Comment

If we played Kendrick, we could run a lot and be successful. Kendrick can run option plays. The threat of Kendrick will keep the ends from crashing on handoffs. Of course, it does no good to bring Kendrick in and call a fucking qb draw. He needs snaps.

Comment

I wasn't able to watch the game, but was in game chat.

How many bubble screens were there in the game? I'm going with 9.

Comment

Our RBs are the best position group on the team IMO. Of course, they look a lot less dynamic when Pooka can't play.

I wasn't able to watch but it looks like it was decently balanced (only a 38/32 pass-run ratio). That said, 1.6 ypc is abysmal so I can see why they didn't do it more... of course, not sure how many of those were sacks or poorly planned QB runs (ala the last play when Kendrick was in).

Comment

You have to subtract all the yardage lost on the bad snaps from the rushing numbers. The running backs are the closest thing we have to decent. Not sure if that matters with this O-line, but I'd keep trying. It might keep Bender out of a body cast thru September.

Comment

Originally posted by midhawk View Post
                  You have to subtract all the yardage lost on the bad snaps from the rushing numbers. The running backs are the closest thing we have to decent. Not sure if that matters with this O-line, but I'd keep trying. It might keep Bender out of a body cast thru September.
                  Good to see you mid, was worried you'd given up on us!

Sad that it has to be these circumstances that you're posting about :'(

Comment

Working...
                  X