Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bender Starting QB

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/stat...98138800898048

I must say I was kind of hoping it would be him the more I though about it. He must have really #earnedit for HCDB to make the announcement this early.

I was kinda hoping for the juco transfer, but I guess if it's Bender, then the juco guy wasn't good enough. Oh well. We'll still suck.

Comment

I was hoping for the Juco transfer initially because he's the most mobile option, but his Rivals profile lists no other offers besides us. I'd like to think if he's worth a shit someone else would have been sniffing around.

Bender came from WSU and the QB whisperer himself, and also had a Penn State offer. Georgia wanted him when he transferred as well. He's got the pedigree and also more experience with the offense than Kendrick. Hoping he can make the leap.

I think Stanley is what he is at this point. There is at least a chance Bender can improve from year 1 to 2 with the program.

Comment

Was really hoping for the juco kid. If he can’t beat out Bender, then we’re still void of talent at qb, unless Bender stuns us all makes a giant leap forward, which isn’t likely.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
          I was kinda hoping for the juco transfer, but I guess if it's Bender, then the juco guy wasn't good enough. Oh well. We'll still suck.
          Miles may have legitimately lost out to Bender bc he isn't good enough, but based on what I've read about DB's ability to evaluate qbs I'm not convinced he knows who is better. Either way, time to get excited about DB making a decision and go all in for Bender. Maybe the oline is better. Maybe Bender is better. Maybe the WR run better routes and catch better. Maybe we got quality RBs who can help move the chains and give our defense some rest.
          yeah I know this is realistically crazy but I can't help it. My favorite sport in the world is about to start and my favorite team just announced a qb. I'm disappointed every year lately but I'm excited every season...i should probably seek help for this viscous cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by hawksalive View Post

Miles may have legitimately lost out to Bender bc he isn't good enough, but based on what I've read about DB's ability to evaluate qbs I'm not convinced he knows who is better. Either way, time to get excited about DB making a decision and go all in for Bender. Maybe the oline is better. Maybe Bender is better. Maybe the WR run better routes and catch better. Maybe we got quality RBs who can help move the chains and give our defense some rest.
            yeah I know this is realistically crazy but I can't help it. My favorite sport in the world is about to start and my favorite team just announced a qb. I'm disappointed every year lately but I'm excited every season...i should probably seek help for this viscous cycle.
            He's naming Bender now, but what if Bender struggles out the gate? Are we going to have musical quarterbacks like the past couple of seasons? Nothing turns me off of football like rotating qbs, and I have little doubt that the players feel the same way. Either DB and company can't properly evaluate QB talent before they are on campus, or they're just fucking clueless when it comes to developing said QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon314 View Post

He's naming Bender now, but what if Bender struggles out the gate? Are we going to have musical quarterbacks like the past couple of seasons? Nothing turns me off of football like rotating qbs, and I have little doubt that the players feel the same way. Either DB and company can't properly evaluate QB talent before they are on campus, or they're just fucking clueless when it comes to developing said QBs.
              Effff....remember 2005 when Mangino was switching between Luke and Swanson (might have been another one I'm not remembering)

that OU game at Arrowhead still bugs me

as an aside....I had a dream last night that Bender led us to a win, so, we've got that going for us...I don't know against whom, but we have to win a game now

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

Effff....remember 2005 when Mangino was switching between Luke and Swanson (might have been another one I'm not remembering)

that OU game at Arrowhead still bugs me

as an aside....I had a dream last night that Bender led us to a win, so, we've got that going for us...I don't know against whom, but we have to win a game now
                Tonight you will dream of a 4-0 start.
                MAKE IT HAPPEN NORRIS

Comment

Originally posted by hawksalive View Post

Tonight you will dream of a 4-0 start.
                  MAKE IT HAPPEN NORRIS
                  haha, I have to let it come to me...I'll take 1 win right now

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                    I had a dream last night that Bender led us to a win, so, we've got that going for us...I don't know against whom, but we have to win a game now
                    Man, when you have dreams...you don't mess around.

Comment

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post

Man, when you have dreams...you don't mess around.
                      Winning a football game at Kansas is a big deal, I agree

Comment

Kendrick...Kendrick...Kendrick

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post
                          Kendrick...Kendrick...Kendrick

That is all.
                          This. Offensively, our line isn't just going to line up and blow people off the ball. Misdirection with a threat of option would do wonders for the offense. With statue Bender combined with handoffs 7 yards deep and routine spread passing plays, our offense is easy to defend. Options, play action, counters, these things would keep the ends from crashing so hard resulting in our QB stepping up into defensive tackles pushing the middle down. I really think Beaty has a plan for the offense, and he thinks if he keeps running it they will eventually execute. I don't think he's at all flexible and can bend scheme to fit the talent he has. He's just a terrible, clueless coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X