Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEER IS NOW AVAILABLE IN MEMORIAL STADIUM!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEER IS NOW AVAILABLE IN MEMORIAL STADIUM!!!!!!

Wish it was for more than just the FG club and WEF members, but it's a start.

FIELD GOAL CLUB IN NORTH END ZONE NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL WILLIAMS EDUCATION FUND MEMBERS
    Kansas Athletics is excited to announce a new benefit for Williams Education Fund (WEF) members for the 2018 football season. Members of all ages may now access the Field Goal Club in the north end zone of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium with the opportunity to purchase food, Pepsi products, beer, wine and spirits. This space will operate as a first-come, first-served social area, providing a unique view to Kivisto Field.

“We are pleased about this added fan amenity for our Williams Education Fund members,” said Athletics Director Jeff Long. “As we work to solidify our vision for David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, the fan experience and the ability to provide a variety of fan amenities will be a top priority.”

The Field Goal Club will open one and a half hours prior to kickoff, with food and beverage service ending at the conclusion of the third quarter. Each WEF account will receive two tickets per game for access to the club. Members may purchase up to four additional season passes at $10 each. Additional passes may only be purchased prior to each game day. The Field Goal Club ticket does not provide admission to the stadium.

Fans can join the Williams Education Fund for as little as $100 per year. This membership helps serve 450+ student-athletes by providing a first-class education, opportunity on and off the field and access to a network of Jayhawks across the globe. For more information visit williamsfund.com or call 800-GIVE-WEF.

KU will begin the 2018 season on September 1 vs. Nicholls State. Jayhawk great, Super Bowl Champ and three-time NFL Pro-bowler Chris Harris Jr., will enter the Ring of Honor during KU’s opener versus NSU, and the 2008 Insight Bowl team will also be celebrated.

Season tickets for the six-game home schedule are on sale for as low as $145. For additional ticket information contact the Kansas Sales Team at 800-34-HAWKS or visit KUTickets.com.

Aw hell yeah! Just what this drunk Indian was hoping for!

Comment

Sadly, even if they made this stadium wide, it won't keep the students in the seats after halftime. The only way that might happen is if they were selling 50 cent draws. Broke college kids want to party, and if the team on the field sucks, they're going to the parking lot to drink cheap beer. Hell, I'm not young nor poor, but I have a hard time paying beer prices at sporting events.

Comment

The Carrier Dome has always sold beer stadium-wide. Even at relatively cheap prices (I remember paying $5-6 for 16 oz.) it won’t draw fans or keep people from leaving early if the team is shit.

But beer > no beer, IMO.

Comment

I guess I don't understand where this is going, the North End Zone?? Down on the field in the bowl area? Just seems like an odd place to put it...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
            I guess I don't understand where this is going, the North End Zone?? Down on the field in the bowl area? Just seems like an odd place to put it...
            I take it you didn't watch any games last year?

https://kuathletics.com/news/2017/8/...17-season.aspx

Comment

HA! I obviously did not make a game last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                The Carrier Dome has always sold beer stadium-wide. Even at relatively cheap prices (I remember paying $5-6 for 16 oz.) it won’t draw fans or keep people from leaving early if the team is shit.

But beer > no beer, IMO.
                Oh I completely agree, but personally I’m drinking one, maybe two at $6 a piece.

Comment

Only on rare occasions do I purchase alcohol at stadiums. Wine (I don't drink beer) is $12 for a 7oz. pour at Niners games - and that's for the 2-buck Chuck. "Premium" wines go for $15 and $19 at the Yahoo! Club. Hard pass on the stadium booze unless I've already got a good heater going from the train ride up - then all bets are off to the detriment of my wallet.

During the Super Bowl they were charging $15 for a Bud Light. Fuckers.

Comment

They are also selling beer on the hill before games this year.

https://kuathletics.com/news/2018/8/...y-updates.aspx

This is good. A little late, but better late than never.

Comment

Working...
                    X