No announcement yet.

Zengers GoFundMe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK ad was like $1600 but we had a student pay so we got it for $1040. Had some help with the website. We have a nice little team that is anonymous all the way around. I handle the in person stuff because I just don't give a fuck anymore. I was actually going to make a $10k donation this year to start to put me on the map for tickets to stuff but I just couldn't bring myself to do it when talking with my WEF guy. Finally, I told him that if I spend 10k on ads that puts the pressure on the program to make a change and it happens then I will have done more for the university with my money than the university would have done for itself with the same funds.

I'm ready for change and I think the everyday fan is ready for leadership to roll as well.

Comment

• EasyDisease
      EasyDisease commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, that's more expensive than I thought. I never realized the UDK was raking in so much coin.

This needs to be on the CFB subreddit. It would get a few responses and up votes, I'm sure.

Comment

• Joe Norris
      Joe Norris commented
      Editing a comment
      The site made front page yesterday...or are you talking about the ad?

• All4KU
      All4KU commented
      Editing a comment
      The ad. I upvoted the one yesterday.

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
    Link to Reddit thread, go upvote it for visibility
    From that thread:

"Browns fan here. I feel for KU fans.

God, imagine if you were a Kansas fan and a Browns fan. There has to be one right? Sending my thoughts to that poor soul. Stay strong whoever you are."

That would be me. KU and Browns (plus my high school hasn't won a game in two years). "Footsball has bean berry, berry bad to me."

Comment

• Joe Norris
      Joe Norris commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha yeah, it's bleak.....

It's made it to Slant. I'll post the best responses.

The OP thought it was created by the UDK, not an ad.

---------------------------------------------

My 2 cents though: I must say, I wish this was done a week or 2 ago, or here in another month or so. We have a huge group of recruits visiting this weekend, and the early signing period starts 12/20. The timing is about as far from ideal as it could be IMO. Still, props to Ghostofmangino and others for actually doing something.

Comment

• Joe Norris
      Joe Norris commented
      Editing a comment
      Any updates? I Just tried to look and it is, in fact, a premium only board....surprised you pay for that, ono

• ono
      ono commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing much, Joe Norris. It's worth $10 a month to me since it's the only place with consistent football discussion.

a former player is discrediting and making fun of the "movement," and I do value someone like his opinion. But for the most part, it hasn't garnered much attention so far. It's been a quiet day.

• Joe Norris
      Joe Norris commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update, interesting that a former player is against it, it I assume it's a Zenger era one and not a Perkins era one

I'll go on record saying I wouldn't be on board for something like this against beaty, dude took on a job that nobody wanted, he may not be the guy of the future, but I think most people would have struggled with that

I like the site...a lot! Zenger is a FRAUD! Hell, I'll take a team like when I was in school back when Mike Norseth was the QB. We were competitive and had a winning record in the old Big 8. I would love for this program to get back to winning 6-7 games minimum with building blocks to become a powerhouse like Mangino was building.

Why, oh why, did they fire Mangino? Sissy pants players running him out was a bad move.

Comment

• EasyDisease
      EasyDisease commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet Lou, my friend. I often wonder what went on behind the scenes.

• swidman
      swidman commented
      Editing a comment
      I know it was Lou, but c'mon man! It's football! Treat your players like men, not children. Get them ready for the real world.
      Never should have fired him. JMO

Don't look now but this recruiting class is falling apart. Today alone, one decommit and one guy who won't qualify. At the moment we have something like 5 high schoolers committed, the rest are Jucos.

Glad we kept this crew around for "stability" and such.

What a fucking joke.

Comment

• All4KU
      All4KU commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone on the Phog posted an opinion piece from a reader on LJW defending Zenger. It may have been someone on the Slant with his nose buried up Zenger's ass.

• ono
      ono commented
      Editing a comment
      This? http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2017/de...ccess/?opinion

It does sound exactly like the talking points the slanters use. Plus arguments for stability, yadda yadda.

Yeah, facilities built, but I think that would happen with any AD, particularly RCP. And LOL at DeBruce Center. Remember the 30 for 30? When the KUAD had no interest in the rules at all and took a crazy person to get them in KU's hands? And the bball dorms.... that's all HCBS. And the author mentions "multiple national championships" under his tenure. We have one one. In T&F. With a coach who was here before SZ was hired.

We could look at the coaches SZ has had a hand in hiring but I'd rather smash my dick with a hammer.

I've never seen any group of people so content with absolute incompetence as I am seeing with the Zenger backers in this fanbase.

The guys who put this together did a great job. No cheap shots, just cold hard facts. Didn't call him a grape, no mention of pleated Dockers. Dr. Z has had a bad seven days. His less than stellar performance on the radio. Volleyball doesn't get a home match and goes out in the first round. Washington upsets us in front of a lot of fans who don't have season tickets. Not good.

Comment

The ad was great. Can't wait to see what is next.

can anyone comment on student or local reaction to the ad. I'm a long way from my Kansas home

Comment

User “temerson” dressed down a zenger apologist on phog asking “other than weis, what has zenger done to the detriment of Football’s success....it’s long, but it’s worth the read:

In that case, Zenger's impotence as it relates to whoever the "pro-Bowen band" is. Every AD's first priority is to the institution. And sometimes, that means taking on BMDs (whom, I guess, are the members of the "pro-Bowen band" you refer to). At the end of the day, though, you don't get to qualify your challenge with "pick everything other than his most recent football hire." It all goes in together. What has been detrimental?

- Firing Turner Gill. Or at least the timing of the firing. For somebody who talks about giving Beaty enough time to put the program together, I believe it was Dr. Zenger who fired Gill after two seasons and Weis after two and a quarter. If KU has a national reputation for firing coaches before they have an opportunity to turn a program around, it is definitely the Doctor. Don't confuse this with being a Gill apologist. But firing the man after two seasons when he had a guaranteed $6 million left on his contract (with an immediate payout provision) was three shades of dumb. Now defending Beaty and saying he needs a fourth year? That's not only hypocritical given his first personnel decision (i.e. firing Gill), but it treats those of us who got pretty good educations from the university like a bunch of imbeciles. And that's just offensive.

- Hiring Weis. "I went out to find the best, and I found Charlie Weis?" What kind of dumb headline quote is that? Ambiguous, at the least. The first interpretation is that Zenger honestly believed that Weis was the best. The second interpretation is that Zenger went looking for the best and all he came back with was Weis, meaning he knew Weis wasn't the best available. Either way, Zenger was a failure at that hire. He was either so incompetent a football mind that he honestly believed Weis was the answer (despite Weis' history), or he was so incompetent a recruiter that he couldn't get anybody other than Weis to even take a look at the program (which feeds back into the first point above, which is that perhaps Zenger demonstrated that he would be too quick to pull the trigger on a football coach, thus knocking his own ability to recruit coaching talent).

- Not supervising Weis. If Zenger was such an amazing college football mind, why did he allow Weis to completely dismantle the roster with high-risk JUCO's? Why didn't Zenger step in to stop the carousel of assistant positions at KU under Weis? Why didn't Zenger step in and tell Weis the way it was going to be? On a certain level, that is part of Zenger's job. Coaches earnthe right to command their program -- it isn't given to them. Does anybody doubt that Coach Self was supervised by the athletic department for a couple of years when he first came in before he was given the right to tell the AD "your job is just to stay out of my way?"

- The Time-Warner Deal. Giving away television rights to multiple games that would be blacked out for a significant number of people in the KU television footprint? Yeah, we got some money out of it. But the athletic department pissed off a lot of people when they were unable to watch a significant number of games in KU's top earning program because - gollygeewillikers - a LOT of Kansas is covered by Cox Communications and not Time-Warner.

- Silence during realignment. Zenger -- perhaps prompted by BGL -- was notoriously silent during conference realignment negotiations in 2011. If KU has such a large brand name, why wasn't Zenger out there trying to negotiate the deal with Boren and Dodds to keep the Big 12 together? Alternatively, why wasn't he out there trying to find a place to land in case the Big 12 broke up at that time? While he was still settling into his then-new position, that should have been priority number one -- negotiating or mediating a resolution. He let the pitch go by and now the Big 12 is wondering what happens in 2022 (when the B1G and ACC GORs expire) or 2024 at the latest (when the Big 12 GOR expires).

- Speaking of letting pitches go by, let's talk about the rules of basketball... Anyone who watched Josh Swade's 30 For 30 or read his book can quickly inference that the "powers that be" at the university that were contacting BMDs and actively telling them not to bid on the rules included no less than Dr. Zenger. The very idea that he would actively dissuade people like Dana Anderson and David Boothe from trying to purchase those for the university is so wholly offensive, it may have been a fireable offense at that point in time. To tell them that the university would not be able to provide any financial support for such a purpose is one thing. But to actually tell them "you shouldn't do it on your own" is so egregiously offensive, there is little that can be said about it.

- The football stadium renovations. When were those originally promised? How long did they actually take to get? And how awful were the renderings when we finally saw them (and I'm talking about the actual proposed design of a renovated stadium -- not just the awfulness of the renderings, which were also pretty heinous)? And how much did that cost? We currently have Top 25, fairly new football facilities -- not including the stadium. And now, the team that Zenger hired has presented us not with a new stadium (which is what we really need - if the Orange Bowl and Floyd Casey Stadium can be torn down, why can't Memorial Stadium be torn down and built back from the ground up?) but with a tinker-toy looking monstrosity that looks like it was designed by some fifth grade fan of the 1950's television show "Lost In Space" instead of being designed as a cathedral to college football with an exterior design to match the limestone, columned facades of the rest of campus. Why not demand a classic look that fits the demeanor and history of the school? If Yankee Stadium can be rebuilt with a classic look, yet have state-of-the-art ameneties (same for other new college football stadiums), why can't the football program at KU?

- Hiring Beaty. I mean, let's be honest here folks. Most AD's wouldn't get a second head football coaching hire after their first one flames out. For some reason, Zenger has gotten no less than three. Yes, Bowen's head coaching position was an interim position after Weis was fired. But the hire still goes on Zenger's record. So let's call it at least two and a half head coaching hires. Regardless of how many hires Zenger has had, Beaty is so singly bad that he must be a ding on Zenger because but for Zenger's ridiculous hiring-and-firing of Weis, Beaty never would have been an option. The University of Kansas was mocked when Zenger hired Weis. The University of Kansas was mocked further when Zenger hired Beaty. The University of Kansas has been mocked by Zenger's retention of Beaty. The one constant with Kansas football's suffering has been Dr. Zenger.

- The silence regarding football in general. Dr. Zenger won't make himself available to answer for the state of the program. He hid behind BGL when she was here. He now hides behind Beaty. And he is hiding behind Girod. And the only statements he makes is through press releases put out on Twitter. At a certain point, it behooves him to restore faith in his leadership (or at least answer for his mistakes) by taking the bullets himself instead of hiding behind other people at the podium speaking for him and press releases. Dr. Zenger needs to put himself up in front of the podium and take the questions as they come -- no holds barred. His utter silence regarding the state of the program is the utmost detriment to the program. In Alcoholics Anonymous, you must acknowledge that you have a problem before you can fix it. In the military, you must take an objective situation report before you identify objectives and strategize tactics to implement. In construction, you measure twice and cut once. Dr. Zenger has completely lost the confidence of the people who sit in seats at football games. And instead of facing up to it like an adult - like a subordinate would have to do when he screws up - he is avoiding questions and chastisement the way a child would try to avoid punishment.
        Last edited by Joe Norris; 12-13-17, 04:51 PM.

Comment

It took me three sittings but I read temerson's entire post. That is some researched "I hate you for a reason" shit. Had no idea about the rules of basketball thing. That makes zero since. I know it isn't saying a lot considering Z is currently the AD but I think this guy could a better job. He's clearly organized.

Comment

• ono
            ono commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't say that took much research. It's all fairly common knowledge at this point.

• hawksalive
            hawksalive commented
            Editing a comment
            Mayne it's just me. I wasn't aware he actively tried to prevent getting the basketball rules. But u r right research probably isn't the right word...maybe accumulating know facts into an organized list. When looked at separately maybe none outrage people but when put together in a list like that it all hits u at once.

Zenger did not start as KU AD until at least 7 weeks AFTER the rules auction.

Comment

• hawksalive
            hawksalive commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok so now I guess that makes the post unreliable to some extent. But I didn't need the list to know I hope that guy puts his house on the market soon. Thanks for clarifying

From FreddieKU on phog:

Everyone over on Jayhawk Slant has been super butthurt lately about the LJWorld writing articles critical of KUFB/Zenger/Beaty. They seem to be under the impression a newspaper should write fluff pieces about one of the worst stretches of football ever played in the history of college football. They've become so deranged that they started a list of "good things" that have happened and I literally laughed out loud reading it:
          -----
          1. Walkons get scholarships at Royals game. - This is a big deal for those guys.
          2. Field goal kicking is the best it has been in years. - Field goals were, at best, a crap shoot in previous seasons.
          3. Herbert ran for 291 yards against WVA. - Impressive performance in a loss.
          4. Dorance preseason defensive POTY. - So the season didn't go the way we (and he) wanted, but it was nice to show guys you can come to KU and still get noticed.
          5. Early signing day successful by most accounts. - If JK is pleased with the class then I'm good with it.
          6. Facilities announcement along with Booth donation. - So things aren't progressing as fast as we would like, but this was huge regardless.
          7. Joe Dineen named to Sports Illustrated 2nd team AA. - Well-deserve honor for Joe.
          8. Daniel Wise 1st team All Big 12, several others second team. - Also several guys on the All Academic team.
          9. Sims went for 233 yds receiving against K-State. - Hell of a day despite the loss.
          10. Stanley's career-best day against KSU marked the fifth-most passing yards in Kansas single-game history. - We should have beat those hayseeds.
          11. Badass Civil War unis. - I hope they wear those every year.
          12. Andre Maloney honored on Senior Day. - Classy move by the staff and team.
          13. The whole Baker Mayfield handshake thing. - I know this was controversial, but I like that they came out and didn't take any shit from those guys and actually played pretty inspired football. Maybe they can use that attitude to build on next season.
          14. K-State fans were pretty quiet during that game. - An L is an L, but those mouthbreathers were pretty quiet most of the game. That was nice.
          15. No Saliva (the band). - I don't think the video board guys played that terrible Click Click Boom song all season, thank God.
          16. The weather was pretty good. - I don't think we had to sit in the rain or snow all season, and even the late games weren't terribly cold.
          17. Talib and AC in the ring of honor, and Mangino came back. - Was great to see those guys (well not AC I guess) and we need to get Todd on the ring.

Comment

That thread (and the initial one bitching about the LJW) is a gold mine.

The OP in the complaining thread includes this gem: "I doubt many newspapers based is college towns witness this kind of constant bashing of a program of a university."

Go to Knoxville or Tuscaloosa or Columbus and see how those papers get after those programs when things are bad and get back to me. LJW treats the program with fucking kid gloves.

Comment

• All4KU
              All4KU commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you talking about threads on the Slant?

• ono
              ono commented
              Editing a comment
              yes, All4KU

also in that thread:

"That KU football is bad is not news....the article was written with an agenda. Hurt DB,,,hurtSZ...bury the program....then pound your chest and say look what I have done

The damage being done in the name of journalism is going to hurt the program for a decade"

An absolute HOF worthy terrible post.

Comment

from mobileheel aka Ghostofmangino

Hey guys... I'm here again....

I've been up and down and busy as shit with life. I apologize.

I have ordered a billboard as of today and it will run 3/19-4/15.

Since the money needs to be taken from the gofundme next week my intention is to produce a receipt for everything we have spent money on. I would like to get some of my investment back since I've fronted $1040 for the ad and will front another $1400 for the board. I've paid for the website and will make up any difference in the funds we are short.

Let's get angry again... I know it is tough with basketball going on.

Mobile

He posted the picture for proof in this thread

Comment

Working...
              X