Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Stern stick around and resign with Sirius, retire, or move on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Stern stick around and resign with Sirius, retire, or move on?

Any guesses? I'd say he's kind of running out of gas. There is only so much of listening to them all sit around and bitch about each other and their weekends and listen to Howard talk about how great he thinks he is.

Re: Will Stern stick around and resign with Sirius, retire, or move on?

It's all about the money. If Mel Karmazin comes through with the number, then Stern stays. If not, Stern's show will go to a pay Internet site.

He realizes, as all of satellite radio does, that WiFi is the future. My Lifetime subscription to Sirius mean jackshit if it doesn't include the online free lifetime access. The reciever I bought for $500 may crap out, but I'm online with Sirius forever. They can't make me pay again. And that was probably a crucial business error on their part in 2005.

Make no mistake. Howard needs to be on the air. This is tough for someone who has never had an audience to understand. A radio man needs his audience as much as they need him. He'll keep working, but only on his terms and ONLY for his number of dollars.

My guess is Stern will either get Karmazin to move the SiriusXM show to 7-11 AM Monday to Wednesday or he'll take his show to an online site unaffiliated with Sirius or any other agency. The former, with it's HowardTV revenue stream, is far, far, far, far, far, far, far more likely.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=1001.msg10650#msg10650 date=1284171299]
      It's all about the money. If Mel Karmazin comes through with the number, then Stern stays. If not, Stern's show will go to a pay Internet site.

He realizes, as all of satellite radio does, that WiFi is the future. My Lifetime subscription to Sirius mean jackshit if it doesn't include the online free lifetime access. The reciever I bought for $500 may crap out, but I'm online with Sirius forever. They can't make me pay again. And that was probably a crucial business error on their part in 2005.

Make no mistake. Howard needs to be on the air. This is tough for someone who has never had an audience to understand. A radio man needs his audience as much as they need him. He'll keep working, but only on his terms and ONLY for his number of dollars.

My guess is Stern will either get Karmazin to move the SiriusXM show to 7-11 AM Monday to Wednesday or he'll take his show to an online site unaffiliated with Sirius or any other agency. The former, with it's HowardTV revenue stream, is far, far, far, far, far, far, far more likely.
      [/quote]

I didn't fork over the lifetime subscription. I don't even know if I have online access.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1001.msg10652#msg10652 date=1284171703]

I didn't fork over the lifetime subscription. I don't even know if I have online access.
        [/quote]

I'm pretty sure all subscribers get basic online access. IMO the premium charge for enhanced audio is not worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X