Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Branson/Table Rock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Branson/Table Rock

    I've been to Table Rock many times before, but haven't been to Branson since I was a kid. We are doing a vacation/family reunion there this summer. Anyone have any good recommendations for things to do in Branson? Shows to see? Or is it all cheesy as hell and for old people?

    We will have kids of all ages, so is there anything good for them?

  • #2
    It has been almost 20 years since I've been, so it may have changed a bit.

    There is always Silver Dollar City, which I think has been adding more rides, and could be fun for the kids. There were also tons of places to go go-karting, which is also fun, but could rack up some expenses in a hurry. There is also a cave that you can go to that is near Silver Dollar City. I always liked doing that.

    If you are nostalgic for hearing Ray Stevens' "The Streak," I believe he's got a theater there.

    Here is a link to the Silver Dollar City website.

    Comment


    • #3
      Branson is a nightmare but The Landing area is new and off the strip. Save SDC for the kids and the outlet malls, it's pretty much the only place worth visiting.

      Comment


      • #4
        There is nothing good in Missouri. Period.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
          I've been to Table Rock many times before, but haven't been to Branson since I was a kid. We are doing a vacation/family reunion there this summer. Anyone have any good recommendations for things to do in Branson? Shows to see? Or is it all cheesy as hell and for old people?

          We will have kids of all ages, so is there anything good for them?
          Are you in my family? We're having our family reunion at Branson/Table Rock this summer too.

          Comment


          • #6
            We've had many family reunions down there as well. A lot of my family is originally from the Springfield area.

            SDC isn't that bad if you accept it for what it is. It has a couple decent roller coasters and water rides. Just stay away from the shows.

            By all means DO NOT visit any shows on the "strip," unless you are into shitty music and lame comedy. The kids might enjoy the go-karts and mini golf that they have all over the place down there.

            If I were you, I'd spend as much time as possible at the lake. And drinking.

            Comment


            • #7
              Beaver Lake is also down that way, and exceptionally beautiful too. Used to go Jet Skiing there in the 80s.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't think we're in the same family bobby. There is a Journey tribute band that will be playing at the Landing, I thought that would be fun. Love Journey! Thanks for all the advice, I was thinking the same thing about the shows. There seemed to be a lot of shitty ones (and over-priced). We will be on the lake and drinking for a lot of it.

                We went to Beaver two summers ago. It's a great lake as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  don't go to the water park. It brings the trashiest of people.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ripleys is ok
                    wax museum is ok
                    waltzing waters is da bombbbbb

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                      Beaver Lake is also down that way, and exceptionally beautiful too. Used to go Jet Skiing there in the 80s.
                      Lots of family vacations at Beaver, always a blast.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Go karts lots and lots of Go karts!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
                          don't go to the water park. It brings the trashiest of people.
                          All the more reason to go. People watching FTW!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Skip all the tourist stuff and stick to the lake and booze.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X