Earth is spinning faster than at any time in the past 50 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

If you are standing on one of the polls, infinity. But at the equator.... "28,437km/h (17,670mph). The Earth would have to spin once every 84 minutes to achieve that speed at the equator, or about 17 times faster than it actually spins." This would probably result in more than just throwing us away too. Would probably destroy the planet.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/space/h...wn-into-space/
    Sounds like it might be a good idea to move further north. With climate change (warming), Canada may eventually start having a similar climate to what Texas used to have, plus you wouldn't have to worry as much about being thrown off into space. Of course, I'm not really looking forward to 84 minute days. I just don't think I can take a nap every hour and a half and still function properly

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

If you are standing on one of the poles, infinity. But at the equator.... "28,437km/h (17,670mph). The Earth would have to spin once every 84 minutes to achieve that speed at the equator, or about 17 times faster than it actually spins." This would probably result in more than just throwing us away too. Would probably destroy the planet.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/space/h...wn-into-space/
      This post comes to mind a lot when I read about current events lately haha.

I posted this on TOS, but internet mob mentality used to ruin the lives of individual people who said the wrong thing, then they started to sway elections, then in the course of a few weeks they successfully stormed the Capitol and Wall Street. I think we're just scratching the surface of the kind of power these movements can have. It's an old problem at a brand new scale.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

I posted this on TOS, but internet mob mentality used to ruin the lives of individual people who said the wrong thing, then they started to sway elections, then in the course of a few weeks they successfully stormed the Capitol and Wall Street. I think we're just scratching the surface of the kind of power these movements can have. It's an old problem at a brand new scale.
        GAMESTOP!!

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

Wat?

Comment

Working...
          X