Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

Clockwork.

Federal authorities say a 63-year-old Antioch man was responsible for a Christmas morning bombing that left the suspect dead and captured the nation’s attention over the holiday weekend as officials worked to determine who parked an RV downtown to detonate. What motivated him is still unknown.

Hundreds of federal, state and local law enforcement officers worked to solve the case, and just 60 hours after the explosion, agents Sunday evening named Anthony Quinn Warner as the bomber. He died in the blast.

“He was present when the bomb went off and he perished in the bombing,” said Don Cochran, U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee.

The linked article is quite extensive, but here's the part that goes into his personal life and what people knew about him:

Neighbors who have lived by Warner for decades say he rarely left home, instead spending much of his time working in his yard. He kept to himself, but would speak to his neighbors, engaging in small talk before going on his way. Steve Schmoldt and his wife have lived next door to Warner for 25 years. He described Warner as “low-key” and friendly, though “some people would say he’s a little odd.”

“You never saw anyone come and go,” Schmoldt said of Warner’s home. “Never saw him go anywhere. As far as we knew, he was kind of a computer geek that worked at home.”

Warner had placed lights and security cameras outside his house. He would do a lot of work in his yard, where a tall antenna is prominent on the side of the house, Schmoldt said. Warner built the fence around his yard himself. The neighbors never talked about politics or religion. Warner never gave any indication of any closely held ideology.

“I can tell you as far as politics, he never had any yard signs or flags in his window or anything like that. If he did have any political beliefs he kept, that was something he kept to himself.
    It says he wasn't political. Why does everything have to be about scoring political points in this country?

Comment

Originally posted by Aquemini View Post

It says he wasn't political. Why does everything have to be about scoring political points in this country?
      Not sure if you're talking about me since you quoted my post, but in any case I never made any assumptions about his political ideology.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

Not sure if you're talking about me since you quoted my post, but in any case I never made any assumptions about his political ideology.
        Pretty sure he's talking about our resident idiot who makes everything about politics

Comment

You all know who hasn’t posted since I put up my conspiracy theory? Froboz. Clearly I was on to something.

Comment

We don't yet know the motive (or lack thereof), so rushing to the conclusion that he was apolitical is also blameworthy. Let's just let it play out. Good news is there does not appear to be a continuing threat.

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post

Pretty sure he's talking about our resident idiot who makes everything about politics
              You’re going to need to be more specific.

Comment

Working...
              X