Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I give you poop on Tuesday afternoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I give you poop on Tuesday afternoon?

Tuesday is trash day for most of my neighborhood. When I walk the dog early in the morning, and he goes #2, I can toss the bag in any random trash bin by the street, and the owner will never know as the trash is collected later that morning or early afternoon. But . . . what are the rules on the late afternoon walk when the trash has already been collected? I don't do it, but I have seen people do it in my trash bin when I collect it from the street and it doesn't bother me. Would it bother you?

heh.

I'll do it on the morning walk on occasion as well on trashday. I won't do it after the trash has run (say if they have left their can out still the next day), I figure I don't want it festering in their trashcan for a week, so I just take it home and put in mine. I'm not sure if it would bother me if someone put theirs in my empty trashcan. There's only like 1 other dog walker in my neighborhood though, so I'm unlikely to have to find out.

Comment

It bothers me, but not enough to think about it for longer than 2 seconds after I see it. It's gross to have someone's bag of poop in my trash for a week, but also... it's a trashcan. I'm not even gonna remember it's in there.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about the cancelation of The Expanse.

Comment

This scenario is exactly why they invented trash towers.

Comment

In my opinion, it isn't cool to throw it in a just emptied trashcan. The obvious, already stated reason about it smelling for a whole week is one aspect. The other part is you don't know what that person might need to throw in their trash can for the next week. If it is something heavy, it can land on the poop and smash/smear it all over the bottom of the trash can if the sack bursts or isn't tied well. Having dog shit smeared on the bottom of a trash can sucks.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's correct, drinky.

Comment

I'd confront someone immediately if they were throwing dog shit in my garbage can. As pointed out above, you never know what a person may need to throw in there that could smash it. Also, if the can is still in the street, for all that person knows I could store my cans in the garage -- which I do -- I don't want some bag of shit festering in my garage for a week.

Also, the city of San Jose provides a small garbage can for free, but you pay a monthly fee for the larger one, so in essence, that person is taking up space that I am paying the city for with their refuse, which is unacceptable. On a side-note, if you have garbage that does not fit in the can, you have to purchase stickers from the city website or the grocery store to put on each additional bag of trash that does not fit in the can or the city will not pick it up. Throwing something away in someone else's can could cost them.

Comment

When I lived in the city of Grand Rapids, the trash was municipal and I loved it. I had a 96 gallon trash bin and it had a QR code on the front. I was only charged when I put it out and the QR code was scanned. If we vacationed for a few weeks, we didn't put it out and weren't charged. Now, I am out of the city and have to get private trash and it's a charge whether I put something out or not. But like you, I keep it in my garage and I put the dog waste in it daily and never notice the smell. I guess when the temperature is -60, it helps keep the smell frozen inside. ;-)

Comment

I'd say it's lazy and somewhat disrespectful to do this for all the reasons everyone has described, whether or not the receptacles have been emptied.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                        I'd say it's lazy and somewhat disrespectful to do this for all the reasons everyone has described, whether or not the receptacles have been emptied.
                        Disagree somewhat, in that I feel it's fair game if the trash will be imminently emptied. Agree, however, that depositing a turd in an empty polycart to sit in one's garage for a week is disrespectful.

Comment

I use Mutt Mitt 2-ply (with 4 layers of 2-ply at the point of impact). Once this is tied, there is no smell or chance of tear with these bags. They're industrial strength. The more layers I can get between me and what it's picking up, the better.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 10.31.04 AM.png

Comment

Working...
                          X