No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what you're saying is, you are "that guy".

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

Ha, I was just venting since Rojo couldn't get it going.

I play FFB for many of the same reasons you do. I've done more research and podcast-listening this year compared to previous years mostly out of pandemic boredom, but the league I'm in is kind of weird; Like ten years ago, I had a coworker who was new to town and didn't know anybody, so I invited him out a few times and eventually we asked him to join our league because someone had dropped out. Then over the next 3-4 years, other people left the league for various reasons and the coworker just invited his friends from home to take their places (we didn't really care since we didn't have anyone in mind). So now it's down to me and one of my close friends, this now-former coworker who left town like 6 years ago and all his friends from HS/college that me and my friend have never met. And either me or my friend has won the league 3 of the last 4 years, so it's made for an awkward but profitable dynamic.
      Ha, I was up late and apparently my sarcasm meter was out of whack.

That does sound like a good situation for you, but I don’t know if I would be motivated to keep up if I didn’t know/wasn’t friends with most of the people in the league...a good healthy dose of shit talk without taking it too seriously is my perfect situation

the way this year has gone, I started 0-3, and those first three games were against the current top three in the league...since then, in 7-1, but two of my last three games are against two of those three first teams I played

will take some luck to not end up 8-6 or 7-7

Comment

Oh, it's definitely not as fun as it used to be when I knew everyone in the league, but it's fine for what it is. I won't really look to keep it alive if people drop out again.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
          Oh, it's definitely not as fun as it used to be when I knew everyone in the league, but it's fine for what it is. I won't really look to keep it alive if people drop out again.
          Makes total sense. It’s something to keep the NFL interesting.

though, it has been fun watching the raiders again, I have to be honest

Comment

I haven't played FF the past 2 years. It became too much of a burden for me. That said, I started subscribing to NFL Redzone. Highly recommend for FF viewing pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
              I haven't played FF the past 2 years. It became too much of a burden for me. That said, I started subscribing to NFL Redzone. Highly recommend for FF viewing pleasure.
              Redzone is God's gift to sports fans. It really is the only way to watch football, and I can't believe the NFL allows it at such a reasonable price.

I'd be interested to see the numbers on that. Granted, the NFL pretty much prints money, so, I'm sure they still come out way ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
                Same, but I quit 4 years ago. Don't miss it.

Comment

Working...
                X