Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Conundrum

Yes, I meant to put this here.

So, I'm trying to make sure I make it to the playoffs and here's my current situation....I'm McNair up There (thanks ono !)

I've never considered this, but, would anyone here bench Jones tonight to prevent him from somehow losing the lead for me? It's very unlikely, but it's also very unlikely that there will be stat adjustments that lose me the game

Thoughts?

If your league is like most leagues and uses total points as the standings tiebreaker then I'd definitely start Rojo because a 6 pt negative game is so improbable and the points will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post
      If your league is like most leagues and uses total points as the standings tiebreaker then I'd definitely start Rojo because a 6 pt negative game is so improbable and the points will help you.
      This. Assuming standard scoring, he's likely to get benched before he fumbles enough to lose you the game.

As it turns out, I need a big game from him to keep my faint postseason chances alive. I'm not hopeful.

Comment

There is literally no way RoJo fumbles 3 (4?) times. In my league you lose 2 points with a fumble, not sure about yours. It's always a good idea to get more points. I'm up by 17 and starting Reynolds (Diggs is on a bye and he's the best option on my bench)

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyu123 View Post
          There is literally no way RoJo fumbles 3 (4?) times. In my league you lose 2 points with a fumble, not sure about yours. It's always a good idea to get more points. I'm up by 17 and starting Reynolds (Diggs is on a bye and he's the best option on my bench)
          But what if he fumbles twice AND throws an interception? Or fumbles twice and get's safetied? (is that word?)

Comment

Best bet to get to -6 might be some horribly botched play with a 40 yard rushing loss and a fumble. Like a direct snap wildly over the RB's head, maybe throw in him picking it up and taking it backwards trying to reverse field like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl.

I'm not sure a non-QB has ever had a -6 game though.

Comment

Joe, if you gain nothing (playoff position) by adding Jones likely positive points (say you need like 100 points to get to the next level), then you might as well bench him. It would take a weird fluke, but there is no chance of a fluke if you bench him. I honestly don't think it will matter what you do.

Comment

All good points (pun very much intended), thanks!

I didn’t even think about the points for/against argument....but wolf’s comment also makes sense....I was probably just over thinking

Comment

Well, at least I didn’t need him to win

Comment

Fantasy football is stupid, been saying it for years.

Comment

929517E3-B275-40D3-A22C-B38C04343A84.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                        This is definitely true of me

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                          Fantasy football is stupid, been saying it for years.
                          Like all things, I fall somewhere on the spectrum.

I don't really like the NFL, but I love football.

I root for two football teams (Raid and KU) that have lived in the basement most of my life. Fantasy football makes it a bit more interesting and gives me a rooting interest.

Also, I don't have nearly enough time to research and keep up to be an "effective" gambler.

I enjoy shooting the breeze with my friends and having a little money on the competition.

All that said, I don't get into the podcasts, multiple leagues, punishments, mock drafts, etc....but I definitely see the utility in FFB

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

Like all things, I fall somewhere on the spectrum.

I don't really like the NFL, but I love football.

I root for two football teams (Raid and KU) that have lived in the basement most of my life. Fantasy football makes it a bit more interesting and gives me a rooting interest.

Also, I don't have nearly enough time to research and keep up to be an "effective" gambler.

I enjoy shooting the breeze with my friends and having a little money on the competition.

All that said, I don't get into the podcasts, multiple leagues, punishments, mock drafts, etc....but I definitely see the utility in FFB
                            Ha, I was just venting since Rojo couldn't get it going.

I play FFB for many of the same reasons you do. I've done more research and podcast-listening this year compared to previous years mostly out of pandemic boredom, but the league I'm in is kind of weird; Like ten years ago, I had a coworker who was new to town and didn't know anybody, so I invited him out a few times and eventually we asked him to join our league because someone had dropped out. Then over the next 3-4 years, other people left the league for various reasons and the coworker just invited his friends from home to take their places (we didn't really care since we didn't have anyone in mind). So now it's down to me and one of my close friends, this now-former coworker who left town like 6 years ago and all his friends from HS/college that me and my friend have never met. And either me or my friend has won the league 3 of the last 4 years, so it's made for an awkward but profitable dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                              It's probably come up here before but I played fantasy professionally for a couple of years and also worked at one of the biggest companies. The number of really nice places I've been at with basically 50 of this exact guy is off the charts.

Comment

Working...
                              X