The Hot NEW "What are you Cooking" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hot NEW "What are you Cooking" Thread

We had a long lived thread from back in the day that was great for meal ideas and recipe posterity....I thought about bumping it, but what with the main image hosting being photobucket (lol) back then, it's a graveyard of dead pictures

SO

Here's the new thread.

Tonight is a perfect night for chili, but it's come to my attention that the woman i've chosen to spend my life with is not a fan of chili

wat

I think I may make it anyway and make a believer out of her

Beans or no Beans, that is the question

Anyone have a favorite Chili recipe they would like to share? I don't have anything I'm particularly attached to, so I'm open to ideas

Also, as an aside, I don't have a real grill yet at the new house, as money's been tight with covid/wedding saving/etc, so I did cast iron steaks the other night with Thyme/Garlic/Butter....I don't know why I don't do that more often.

I also did burgers on the stove, basted in a little bacon grease, turned out like patty melts, but they were still damn good

Comment

I don’t have anything against beans, but Kenji’s chili con carne is among the best things I’ve ever made. It’s more effort (and money) than usual for chili, but worth every minute (and penny).

Comment

91084370_10221671538679458_5143957102057750528_o.jpg

Comment

I just bought a box of Blvd, Bob's 47 Oktoberfest. It's wonderful this time of year.

Comment

When I make chili, it tastes a lot like Wendy's Chili, only a little spicier. It does have beans.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
              When I make chili, it tastes a lot like Wendy's Chili, only a little spicier. It does have beans.
              Chili is code right?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

Chili is code right?
                Not in this thread. I'm keeping this one about food.

Comment

I made homemade pizza for the first time last weekend. It was delish! Made my own dough and everything.

(No WSS, that's not code either.)

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                    I made homemade pizza for the first time last weekend. It was delish! Made my own dough and everything.

I've done that before. Definitely worth the effort, but I have trouble getting the dough as thin as I'd like it. I like my pizzas with fairly thin crust and lots of toppings. I felt like I was rolling and spreading the dough forever and it was still too thick.

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post

Dammit

Comment

If you enjoy making your own salad dressing, Green Goddess dressing is to die for. Rather than post my own (because I don't want to type it out) I link to this one, which is pretty much the same as what I do, except I don't use anchovy paste. Trust me, it's worth making yourself. Grocery store dressings are really pretty awful when you've had made-from-scratch dressings. (I've also made Ranch dressing, but I usually use a packet and follow directions).

Comment

ok, anchovy paste is DEFINITELY code!

Comment

Dutch Baby:

9782341 12.56.06 PM.jpg

Jambalaya:

9777462.jpg

Tamales:

IMG_9283.jpeg

Here's some of my recent homemade action. Made the refried beans, Mexican rice, and enchilada sauce to go with the tamales from scratch as well.

Last night, I tried my hand at making French Onion Soup in the Instant Pot -- that turned out pretty well. I also make a mean Indian Butter Chicken in the Instant Pot.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

I've done that before. Definitely worth the effort, but I have trouble getting the dough as thin as I'd like it. I like my pizzas with fairly thin crust and lots of toppings. I felt like I was rolling and spreading the dough forever and it was still too thick.
                              Yes, the dough rose and got really thick and I had to keep rubbing it until it got soft and thin again. But it was delicious.

Comment

Working...
                              X