No announcement yet.

Who are we Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m here, FWIW. Don’t post much and usually here to check out cyclist’s fine work.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
      He announced a hiatus? I’m a bad mod, I didn’t see that?

he paid for chat and then up and vanished like a fart in the wind
      If you want I can just ban him on the Phog and force him back here?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBricklayer View Post

If you want I can just ban him on the Phog and force him back here?
        I think he just wanted to feel the camaraderie with all his left leaning brothers over there rather than argue over here. He's been very active there since saying he needed to take a break.

Comment

My suggestion would be do away with politics here. There are so few posters and politics are so incredibly divisive and toxic right now that it’s a quick way to splinter the handful of core posters who are here. Sean being the perfect example.

People can find plenty of other places to get their sadistic politics fix.

Comment

My suggestion would be do away with politics here. There are so few posters and politics are so incredibly divisive and toxic right now that it’s a quick way to splinter the handful of core posters who are here. Sean being the perfect example.

Well, people here don't really like to talk about sports, so...not sure what's left.

Comment

Originally posted by Protist View Post

Well, people here don't really like to talk about sports, so...not sure what's left.
              The Mass St. board is pretty active. I wish there were more threads - and we don't necessarily need more posters for that to happen, though it'd help - but there's pretty steady activity.

Comment

So, did Sean take his ball and go home because of differing opinions in the swamp? I don’t get too wrapped up into politics, but like reading through the posts there. Especially the banter between Gard & OKJ. They don’t seem to get too offended with the other’s opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Protist View Post

To be fair, I think we'd really need a dozen or so more active posters to get some good sports discussions going. Also, it would help if we had a good football program. (Although we could always talk about the Chiefs!!!)

I enjoy reading the posts on the sports boards, but I don't always feel like I have anything to contribute. I've never really played organized sports, and my knowledge (especially of football, which I enjoy watching) is honestly fairly limited. My knowledge of basketball is probably pretty limited, too. I try to watch as many KU games as I can, but I rarely watch other games. Maybe an occasional Big XII game if I'm not really doing anything else. But really, during off-seasons and with 7 days (give or take) between football games, how much can you banter about?

That said, I do think we have some good posts here on the Mass Street board, but it does get quiet at times. A dozen or so good posters on this board would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

So, did Sean take his ball and go home because of differing opinions in the swamp? I don’t get too wrapped up into politics, but like reading through the posts there. Especially the banter between Gard & OKJ. They don’t seem to get too offended with the other’s opinions.
                    Not sure, this was his last post where he said he'd be on a break essentially.

Originally posted by sean
                    Okay, I unblocked okjay. I can confirm that you still see his posts if he's blocked but someone quotes him.

I think I was just feeling the culmination of trying to teach during covid. I had 6 hours of teaching on Friday. It was supposed to be my first time meeting students and just before our live session, my campus and the county went on lockdown because of rapidly increasing covid19 cases. I had to suddenly shift the next day's classes to Zoom. I hated it. It's not even close to the same. I was frustrated and I think that carried over into how I read okjay's post. I am sorry for the drama. I also realized that I am feeling stress at everything that is happening professionally. For example, I have students doing student teaching and suddenly the district decides that student teachers cannot being the classroom with the teacher and students, so we have to quickly scramble to try and create something that best replicates being there. If it's Zoom, then the teacher has to remember to turn the laptop to where it should be facing at any given moment and that adds an extra burden on teachers, etc. It's just all compounds into major suckage. ;-) Then, my youngest child was supposed to live in the dorms as a freshman and make us empty nesters and his U canceled dorms this year and pushed teaching online. So, my son is living at home, and that disrupts my life as well because I have to keep parenting when I hoped to just have a clean house. heh.

That being said, I am closing this tab until I can get a handle on the work in front of me. My U anticipated extreme budget cuts and increased our teaching load and gave us a pay cut, so it was a double-whammy. My administrative duties took more time than the release time I am given, so adding additional teaching has meant my free time must suffer.

Comment

Sounds more like he didn't have a lot of time to peruse the board and this was the one thing he chose to give up. I doubt Sean is so touchy that he would leave over OKJ's posts, but it's not like I know him that well, or anything. It sounds more like pressure at work and he just didn't want to be involved in the political discussions anymore because of that.

Comment

I agree; Sean's had plenty of reasonable discussion with people on here with whom he disagrees, so I don't think that's it.

Comment

Man, it's a whole other world over there in the swamp

I say we drain it

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                            Man, it's a whole other world over there in the swamp

I say we drain it
                            I don’t take politics as serious as most here, but I enjoy the Political Tweets thread. I can laugh at both candidates/parties without getting offended. I haven’t noticed posters clashing (outside of political opinions) in the swamp, but maybe I’ve missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                              I agree; Sean's had plenty of reasonable discussion with people on here with whom he disagrees, so I don't think that's it.
                              Yeah, it's not a lot of work to just join an orange man bad chorus over there, vs the work required (mentally) to debate thick skulls over here. So I can't fault him for that if he's overworked right now. But I do miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

I don’t take politics as serious as most here, but I enjoy the Political Tweets thread. I can laugh at both candidates/parties without getting offended. I haven’t noticed posters clashing (outside of political opinions) in the swamp, but maybe I’ve missed it.
                                I am just so tired of politics in general, I don't know why people choose to engage in arguments (or discussions, if you want to call them that) about them.

There is nothing good about any of our options and there isn't a link on the internet that anyone could show me to prove otherwise....I literally have zero idea what I'm going to do with my vote, but the last thing I need is someone trying to convince me that their guy is the one....cause they're not

but I digress....I don't want to derail the thread.

I miss RDhawk.

edit: and TheShocker

Comment

Working...
                                X