Binoculars Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binoculars Advice

It’s time to upgrade from my $150 pair of 20 year old binoculars. Too heavy, too not waterproof, too not feature-filled. And I’d like to keep it under $1000. I know we have some optics enthusiasts on this board.

Do you all have any recommendations? While it would be cool to be able to see saturn’s rings, I can get a telescope for that. These will be more for stadiums, back country wildlife, stars like Scar Jo, things like that. I know the basics, but I don’t really have any practical experience. Any recommendations will be appreciated via the like button. Thanks!

But what are you actually using these binocs for?

Comment

11.jpg

Comment

I don't know shit about binoculars but Wirecutter has rarely steered me wrong on consumer goods. They have some picks.

Edit: If you don't have an NYT account just open the link in Incognito mode.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
          I don't know shit about binoculars but Wirecutter has rarely steered me wrong on consumer goods. They have some picks.

Edit: If you don't have an NYT account just open the link in Incognito mode.
          You get a like.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
            How else is he supposed to find it to pee?

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
              It’s time to upgrade from my $150 pair of 20 year old binoculars. Too heavy, too not waterproof, too not feature-filled. And I’d like to keep it under $1000. I know we have some optics enthusiasts on this board.

Do you all have any recommendations? While it would be cool to be able to see saturn’s rings, I can get a telescope for that. These will be more for stadiums, back country wildlife, stars like Scar Jo, things like that. I know the basics, but I don’t really have any practical experience. Any recommendations will be appreciated via the like button. Thanks!
              Options:
              Best: https://www.celestron.com/collections/binoculars

Well, Pretty Much Also the Best: https://www.bushnell.com/binoculars/

Consider whether a spotting scope would be better (prefer them but also have 10 x 50 binoculars).

https://www.bushnell.com/through-the...inoculars.html

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
                tenor.gif

Comment

You can save a lot of money buying two monoculars and jerry rigging them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Protist View Post
                    You can save a lot of money buying two monoculars and jerry rigging them together.
                    2d3.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X