[Serious] Chess Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Serious] Chess Thread

So, I’m finally trying to learn chess...I have chess time and I’m slow, but if you want to add me, DaveFiasco

but really, I’m here to learn the basics outside of where pieces can move...I’m trying to understand how to lure folks in

I know I’ll probably have the normal cheeky responses, but I’m actually here to learn strategy

Outside of pawns, what am I ok losing early? Anything?

when is it time to bring something out other than a pawn?

can you be aggressive and still win?

I know all this is dependent on the opponent, but just general how to...my latest game, he got me in check with a pawn before I pulled anything else out haha

Step 1: Learn Chess
    Step 2: Go insane
    Step 3: Profit!

https://chesscraft.blogspot.com/2011...ss-player.html

Comment

I love chess and play all the time, even though I'm not very good. What site are you playing on? I'll be happy to help you. In no time, I can take you from knowing almost nothing about chess to becoming a really shitty player!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
        So, I’m finally trying to learn chess...I have chess time and I’m slow, but if you want to add me, DaveFiasco

but really, I’m here to learn the basics outside of where pieces can move...I’m trying to understand how to lure folks in

I know I’ll probably have the normal cheeky responses, but I’m actually here to learn strategy

Outside of pawns, what am I ok losing early? Anything? You shouldn't be ok losing anything unless it's part of your plan.

when is it time to bring something out other than a pawn? No correct answer, there are many different starting strategies

can you be aggressive and still win? Absolutely

I know all this is dependent on the opponent, but just general how to...my latest game, he got me in check with a pawn before I pulled anything else out haha

Comment

Working...
        X