WTF is omegle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is omegle?

I just caught my soon to be 12 year old daughter on this chat site, but I have no idea what it is. Can anyone fill me in?

She's seems awfully concerned that she's in trouble over it.

Omegle is a website used for talking to strangers via online chat. The service randomly pairs up users online into one-on-one chat windows (with option of blocking certain cameras), where they can chat anonymously using the handles "You" and "Stranger".

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it as long as your daughter doesn't give any information away. There is something on the site that keeps people from tracking IP addresses and the such.

Comment

Similar to Chat Roulette she probably just saw a bunch of dudes wacking off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherlock View Post
          I wouldn't worry about it as long as your daughter doesn't give any information away. There is something on the site that keeps people from tracking IP addresses and the such.
          Because 12 year old girls are so good at keeping secrets and filtering information?

Comment

Comment

lollercopter

Comment

We kinda busted her about it and she went into virtual meltdown mode over it - all worried she was in big time trouble. Apparently a friend at school told her about this site.

Ugh, being the parent of a daughter in the internet age . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by IceHawkE View Post
                  We kinda busted her about it and she went into virtual meltdown mode over it - all worried she was in big time trouble. Apparently a friend at school told her about this site.

Ugh, being the parent of a daughter in the internet age . . . .
                  A router with site filters and time limit settings is your friend here.

Comment

commies

Comment

Originally posted by kcjhawks4 View Post
                      A router with site filters and time limit settings is your friend here.
                      PARENT NAZI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oobers View Post
                        PARENT NAZI!!!
                        Proud to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by ElJefe58 View Post
                          LOLLERS

Comment

Originally posted by kcjhawks4 View Post
                            Proud to be one.
                            We had to put filters on our home PC when we caught Sam and his buddy googling "women's boobies".

He was 6. Personally, I was just proud that he spelled it right.

Comment

Wasn't one of your kids the one that googled "harry potter kiss"?

Comment

Working...
                              X