Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID Hobbies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COVID Hobbies

    Anyone picked up any new hobbies during this time?

    I've been looking at buying a hurdy gurdy, but it seems like a lot of work to figure out which ones are good quality, and the best makers appear to have a 12+ month lead time. That's kind of a boner killer.

  • #2
    Cirrhosis

    Comment


    • #3
      Tweaking the way I utilize my available credit to obtain those last 2 pesky holdout points and bring my credit score up to a perfect 850, but I accomplished that feat a few months ago. Now I'm looking for something new. I'm down to picking up my guitar again after a long hiatus or trying to break my personal best for number of times popping off in a 24 hour period while watching PornHub® -- my old record is 17, but I think I can beat that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
        Tweaking the way I utilize my available credit to obtain those last 2 pesky holdout points and bring my credit score up to a perfect 850, but I accomplished that feat a few months ago. Now I'm looking for something new. I'm down to picking up my guitar again after a long hiatus or trying to break my personal best for number of times popping off in a 24 hour period while watching PornHub® -- my old record is 17, but I think I can beat that.
        I saw what you did there.

        Comment


        • #5
          I started playing cornhole with a couple friends. I’ve also been playing that bag toss game.

          Comment


          • #6
            I've started cooking, nothing that difficult just shit like pasta,frozen vegetables, rice and scrambled eggs.

            Comment


            • #7
              I went 50/50 in LandGrab and that was a fun hobby. Once my kids leave for college in 2 weeks, I have bought equipment and some supplies to start my own cooking show that will be online (following a guy who can make sort of make toast turn into a grand champion chef). I'll probably be famous in the near future. I am trying to learn to use DaVinci Resolve for video editing, and I am going to have a cool intro to my show. I even have a chef's outfit and hat. But the software takes time learn and it's pretty detailed and professional, so I have been fiddling with it. I have a great camera, tripod, and lighting along with a wireless mic and a sweet ass cookbook to get me started. Stay tuned.

              Comment


              • #8
                Been broadening my cooking repertoire. I was already pretty decent but recently started branching out into making my own marinades and sauces/salsas.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sean View Post
                  I went 50/50 in LandGrab and that was a fun hobby. Once my kids leave for college in 2 weeks, I have bought equipment and some supplies to start my own cooking show that will be online (following a guy who can make sort of make toast turn into a grand champion chef). I'll probably be famous in the near future. I am trying to learn to use DaVinci Resolve for video editing, and I am going to have a cool intro to my show. I even have a chef's outfit and hat. But the software takes time learn and it's pretty detailed and professional, so I have been fiddling with it. I have a great camera, tripod, and lighting along with a wireless mic and a sweet ass cookbook to get me started. Stay tuned.
                  You could call it "Cooking With Ginger"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I hadn't even thought of a name. I probably won't do Cooking with Ginger, though. I immediately think of Ginger from Gilligan's Island because I am getting old.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Im a Mary Ann man my self

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sean View Post
                        I hadn't even thought of a name. I probably won't do Cooking with Ginger, though. I immediately think of Ginger from Gilligan's Island because I am getting old.
                        When I hear/see Ginger, I think Ginger Lynn.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you want some cheap entertainment look into the talking hamsters on Amazon. They repeat what you say or what they hear. Fun for the entire family. Some friends put the hamster on the floor and got it talking. Their two cats were really confused. One stalked it from beyond and the other pounced on it.
                          It’s a fun ice breaker at a bar. Also fun with a group of disrobed adults. May be a spy for the Chinese though

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't know if you'd call it a hobby, but I spend a lot of time researching stocks and ETFs. I posted back in April that I was taking advantage of the market volatility and investing in the market. I've learned A TON of stuff since then and done quite well. I don't like to brag, but I will. I've doubled my initial investment; turned $25,000 into $50k since April. To some of you, that probably isn't much, but to me, that's huge.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
                              I don't know if you'd call it a hobby, but I spend a lot of time researching stocks and ETFs. I posted back in April that I was taking advantage of the market volatility and investing in the market. I've learned A TON of stuff since then and done quite well. I don't like to brag, but I will. I've doubled my initial investment; turned $25,000 into $50k since April. To some of you, that probably isn't much, but to me, that's huge.
                              You probably already know this, but since you are new to this it also probably worth repeating: Be very aware of when and how you exit positions, and the ensuing tax liabilities. Strategizing that aspect is an important part of the investing game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X