Onward into 2021 - State of the Wheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

I can, but it’s mostly handled by Joe and others. IIRC, at that time we were having an issue with too much usage for what we were paying for and it had something to do with bots that were doing a new account registration blitzkreig on the site, so we were checking IP addresses en masse trying to figure it all out. Or maybe it was the aforementioned attempt by former management and friends that prompted it. Either way, I don’t think anyone checks IP addresses on the regular outside of some other suspicious indicator, and this guy just happened to roll in at the wrong time. Hahahaha.
    I used to do approvals....but I have slacked on that too

i always checked IPs because if you saw how many bots came through, it’s hard to tell what’s real

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

It started with an M...he said he played sheep and found us through the phog....Martin something? I can’t remember
      Yes, Martin was in the name. I'm the one that actually approved him, but I asked questions first because it looked a little suspicious.

Edit: Found it. It was Martins5

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

Yes, Martin was in the name. I'm the one that actually approved him, but I asked questions first because it looked a little suspicious.

Edit: Found it. It was Martins5
        The potential trolling opportunity would have been pretty epic. Where is beakum and evolve at

Comment

Originally posted by Aquemini View Post

The potential trolling opportunity would have been pretty epic. Where is beakum and evolve at
          beakumhawks is here regularly

Evolvehawk denounced this place long ago....I don’t remember exactly what happened, but I think it had to do with us being phog wannabes and him losing mod status when we re-organized

Comment

We should make an effort to try to bring back a lot of the posters that have left us.

Comment

Where's Gravyshanks?

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                Where's Gravyshanks?
                Mmmmmmm..........gravy shanks.

Comment

Payment was processed for renewal!

The internet is stuck with FrobozMumbar for another year!

I transferred the money to my banking account to cover the payment:

Also, I got a brazzer's subscription with the donations, so PM me for password

But seriously, thanks to everyone for the gracious donations to help keep this place alive!

We have ~$280 left, so we will be good for another year after this one

Comment

Lol, are you serious about the Brazzers thing? That's awesome if so.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                      Lol, are you serious about the Brazzers thing? That's awesome if so.
                      Haha, sadly, no, would be a misappropriation of funds and I've already had my scribd scandal....I don't think I could make it through another

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant they threw it in for you as the admin. Tell me it's true anyways, I like a good story!

Comment

Dammit! I wanted that login.

Comment

Working...
                          X