Help a Jayhawk Out - Classroom Wishlist for Classroom Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a Jayhawk Out - Classroom Wishlist for Classroom Library

Now that our plans are in place to return to school, I am going to once again ask this incredible group of people to help me build my classroom library. So many of you have helped me out in the past and have told me to make sure to let you know when I create a new list.

As an English teacher I find such importance in have a strong and diverse classroom library. The power of reading is real and as my classroom library has continued to grow, the amount my students read continues to grow. Giving them choice in their reading continues to encourage kids to read. Some kids who claim to be non-readers will find a book and changes that idea. And i think now more than ever, kids need books. As we plan to start the school year in person, it is likely at some point we will be shut down and kids will be at home. While distance learning will continue in a much better way than last spring, kids will also need books. The students in my classroom will all have a book in hand whenever it happens that we end up learning from home.

If any of you are so gracious as to help my classroom and my students, the following link will take you to a list of books I would like to add to my classroom library. You have been an incredible community of fellow Jayhawks and have helped tremendously in the past. I would be so appreciative if you could help me out once again. If you can purchase a book or two (or as many as you want) to help me continue to build my library, I would be forever grateful. If you can't contribute in these trying times, I completely understand, but would love to hear some encouraging words as I get ready to begin a school year I never could have imagined would be coming.

Thank you all so much!

Done. Blindly grabbed the first 5 on the list. Keep them chilluns reading, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
      Done. Blindly grabbed the first 5 on the list. Keep them chilluns reading, brother.
      Thank you!!!

Comment

The Something Dark and Holy series is ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post
          The Something Dark and Holy series is ordered.
          Thank you!

Comment

Jayhawks are incredible! Just 3 days after posting, 15 books have already arrived at my door. Between you guys and the Phog, there are a lot of great people out there. Thank you!

Comment

2 questions.

1. Are the already purchased ones automatically removed from the wishlist?
              2. Do we pick this"Joseph Godina's Gift Registry Address" as the shipping address?

Comment

yes and yes

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
                  2 questions.

1. Are the already purchased ones automatically removed from the wishlist?
                  2. Do we pick this"Joseph Godina's Gift Registry Address" as the shipping address?
                  Looks like EasyDisease took care of your questions, but as he said, yes and yes.

Comment

Sweet, I had a bunch of amazon reward points so this was a no brainer.
                    Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
                      Sweet, I had a bunch of amazon reward points so this was a no brainer.
                      Enjoy!
                      Thank you for your kindness and generosity!

Comment

Just wanted to give another huge thank you. I started this post just 5 days ago, and over half of my list has already been cleared. Thanks to you and others, my kids are going to have some amazing new books at their disposal when we start the school year. You guys rock!

Comment

Wow! Over half of my list has been cleared by you guys and many others. 40 new books are ready to be shelved and shared with kids in just a couple of weeks. Thank you to all who have donated!

Comment

I want to give a HUGE thank you to whoever sent these books. I’m not sure if it was someone from here or somewhere else. There was no name attached to the delivery, just 16 books off of my Wish List. I’m not sure who to thank, but just know that you are greatly appreciate. Your kindness means the world to me. Thank you! Now only about 20 books left to go.

Comment

I'll take the credit.

I'm like ISIS.

Comment

Working...
                              X