I phone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I phone question

I hate to start a thread just for this, but I have a I phone 11, and when I am talking on the phone, I hear emails and texts and alerts in my ear when they come in. it is very annoying, especially when emails are coming in rapidly, or a group text is firing off.

Is there a way to turn notifications off when I am using the phone?

Thanks TIA

I don't think there is a way to turn notifications off unless you actively do it prior to the call or during the call (e.g., turning the switch on the side to mute). I hate this as well. I hate Siri while we're at it. I sort of want to switch to Android.

Comment

You don’t just have it on vibrate?

Comment

I had no idea that Apple doesn’t mute notifications while you’re on a call. I never have sound/vibration alerts on AND I never talk on the phone.

Flipping the mute switch seems like the obvious answer.

Comment

Do the new iPhones still have the silent switch on the side? Thought they got rid of that a few iterations ago, but I've been Android for the past few years, so idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
            You don’t just have it on vibrate?
            What? I need everyone to hear my sweet ringtone! When my phone rings in the theater, everyone should get to hear "Call Me Maybe" as loud as I can get my phone.

Next you're going to tell me I shouldn't answer in Elways using speakerphone mode.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
              Do the new iPhones still have the silent switch on the side? Thought they got rid of that a few iterations ago, but I've been Android for the past few years, so idk.
              It's still on the latest iPhone. I switched back to iPhone 6 months ago and I am already to jump ship back to Android. I was all set to buy the OnePlus 8 Pro and then they responded to reports that their 3rd camera could see through black clothing and they disabled the camera. https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/15/2...hrough-plastic

That camera is great for landscape photography and was the reason I was going to switch back. So, now I wait. But Siri sucks. I also might buy a Toyota that has the Apple CarPlay built in but not Android Auto. I am too geeky to not use that feature if my car has it.

Comment

Ok gotcha, so if I flip the vibrate switch, this will fix it? Will do that. sean last non I Phone I had was a blackberry, not sure I have the energy to learn a different phone.

Comment

It will still buzz you, but that's better than loud dinging in the middle of a call. I only have notifications on for text messages. It would drive me nuts to have it on for emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                    It will still buzz you, but that's better than loud dinging in the middle of a call. I only have notifications on for text messages. It would drive me nuts to have it on for emails.
                    Yeah, I turned off the notifications completely for emails. I get too many so I just check periodically.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post

It's still on the latest iPhone. I switched back to iPhone 6 months ago and I am already to jump ship back to Android. I was all set to buy the OnePlus 8 Pro and then they responded to reports that their 3rd camera could see through black clothing and they disabled the camera. https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/15/2...hrough-plastic

That camera is great for landscape photography and was the reason I was going to switch back. So, now I wait. But Siri sucks. I also might buy a Toyota that has the Apple CarPlay built in but not Android Auto. I am too geeky to not use that feature if my car has it.
                      Which Toyota? I like CarPlay quite a bit, but I have a soft spot for terrestrial radio. I notice that when I go from voice texting or a phone call, the radio station doesn't automatically pick up to real time. It sort of does this record skip thing until I hit the FF arrow button.

Comment

Rav4 hybrid. I just checked and it's noting that it does have Android Auto. I guess I can switch back to Android. There was earlier news that only 4 models were getting Android Auto on the 2020s and Rav4 wasn't one of them -- that's from January, so I guess I'll need to double check.

My wife is getting the Prius and it does not have Android Auto, but she's an iPhone user so I guess this worked out well.

Comment

That's what I was going get originally, but I like the bit of extra space with the Highlander. Also, it's harder to find Rav4s with leather or even the SofTex seats. My mom's 2013 Rav4 (non hybrid) has almost 200k and the dealership still keeps trying to get it for a trade in.

Comment

I am less than 2 month from being an empty nester, so space is not too much of a concern. But I'll get back with you after I go crazy at Lowes one day in the future. ;-)

Comment

My iPhone 6 doesn't do that.

*sigh* Rich people problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X