Trying out Luminar 4 - photo software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying out Luminar 4 - photo software

I have grown tired of the Adobe subscription model. Have read a couple of articles and decided to take it for a spin. So far very happy. It has a great "replace" sky feature. In case the weather doesn't cooperate with you.

This is a WW II flak tower in Vienna. It was an over cast day when I was there. FYI, guys on these, several in Vienna, tried to kill my dad four times.

A couple of key strokes later, after looking at the library it looks better.

Then we have some fun and create something that didn't exist. Birds and stars.

Good fun. $89 bucks for software, some more skies and an e-book for training. Will cancel adobe when my year is up in the fall.

I use a black market copy of Photoshop CS6 I got on the dark web for $59 bucks around 6 years ago -- from Vietnam, I think. That bootleg was so good, Adobe was even updating it until they stopped supporting the perpetual licenses versions. Coupled with the last perpetual licenses version of Lightroom and some open source add-ons, I've been quite satisfied.

But, if you're truly tired of Adobe and want me to blow up their building, their HQ is about a 12 minute walk from my house. I take bitcoin.

Comment

I've always thought Bitcoin missed their chance calling themselves that instead of Batcoin.

Comment

Also, I don't edit my photos. I just take perfect photos the first time.

Comment

I really like the NIK collection owned by DXO. I had it a long time ago and then Google took it over and made it free (but also didn't develop it). Then DXO took it and updated it this past year. I use it from within Lightroom, but it can be used from within any editing software being used. https://nikcollection.dxo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
            I use a black market copy of Photoshop CS6 I got on the dark web for $59 bucks around 6 years ago -- from Vietnam, I think. That bootleg was so good, Adobe was even updating it until they stopped supporting the perpetual licenses versions. Coupled with the last perpetual licenses version of Lightroom and some open source add-ons, I've been quite satisfied.

But, if you're truly tired of Adobe and want me to blow up their building, their HQ is about a 12 minute walk from my house. I take bitcoin.
            Would you? That would be nice.

Comment

Working...
            X