Mafia signup sheet - Start date TBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia signup sheet - Start date TBD

Okay, boys and girls, it's time for a game of mafia. This is the signup thread. If we get enough folks we will start this Thursday. Don't be coward. Sign up and play!
    Last edited by beakumhawks; 05-20-20, 06:48 PM.

In.

Comment

How do you play?

Comment

Lol. I'll try

Comment

I am the greatest to ever play, but it’s been years. I am probably mortal now.

in

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
            How do you play?
            Teams are divided into two groups, mafia and civs. Certain civs have certain powers. Turns are divided into day and night phases. Typically we get in three turns a day. During the day phase players vote for the person they want to evict from the game. At the end of the day the person with the most votes is eliminated. The idea for the civs is to eliminate all the mafia, and for the mafia the idea is to end a night phase with the same number or more members than the civs. You win or lose as a team not as an individual.

During the night phase the following takes place: Civs with special powers pm me their moves. A special power might be the ability to investigate a person and find out if they are civ or mafia. The number of people in the game determines the players I determine have special powers. The night is also when the mafia makes their hit. They let me know the person they want to whack, and if successful that person is removed from the game and the next day starts. The mafia all know who each other are and communicate via a chat room I set up for them during the game.

You may or may not elect to let the board know your identity. Or you may choose to lie. It's up to you.

Comment

I'm in. I've never played, so I'll probably be terrible. But, bring it on.

Comment

MissTCShore

Comment

Oh, when you want to vote for someone to potentially have the removed from the game (e.g., if they get enough votes) then you place their name in a post and bold it.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
                    Oh, when you want to vote for someone to potentially have the removed from the game (e.g., if they get enough votes) then you place their name in a post and bold it.
                    sean

Comment

WolfShirtSophomore

Comment

MYJUNK

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post

Teams are divided into two groups, mafia and civs. Certain civs have certain powers. Turns are divided into day and night phases. Typically we get in three turns a day. During the day phase players vote for the person they want to evict from the game. At the end of the day the person with the most votes is eliminated. The idea for the civs is to eliminate all the mafia, and for the mafia the idea is to end a night phase with the same number or more members than the civs. You win or lose as a team not as an individual.

During the night phase the following takes place: Civs with special powers pm me their moves. A special power might be the ability to investigate a person and find out if they are civ or mafia. The number of people in the game determines the players I determine have special powers. The night is also when the mafia makes their hit. They let me know the person they want to whack, and if successful that person is removed from the game and the next day starts. The mafia all know who each other are and communicate via a chat room I set up for them during the game.

You may or may not elect to let the board know your identity. Or you may choose to lie. It's up to you.
                          Sounds fun. I'm in!

Comment

We'll push out the start date since we don't have enough folks yet. Right now I have the following:

LARP
                            ED
                            Froboz
                            MissTC
                            Wolfshirt
                            Sean

That's not enough for a game. The more folks the better, as it allows me to put in more special civ roles. I think we need 12 at a minimum so come on people, join in. It's actually rather fun.

Comment

Good. Tomorrow is looking pretty slammed for me, anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X