No announcement yet.

What are you watching tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have been watching Lucifer. The first season was kind of meh, we almost gave up, but the last two or three episodes are great. Just finished the first half of season five.

Comment

• The boys from Lawrence will be back tonight battling to save the earth as Supernatural returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
        The boys from Lawrence will be back tonight battling to save the earth as Supernatural returns.
        Wait, they're from Lawrence?

Comment

• ^^ The characters are, yes. The actors hail from Texas. There are certain episodes that supposedly take place in Lawrence, and it's one of the few times where a city in the Midwest isn't portrayed as having cattle roaming the streets.

One of the top rated episodes on imdb (9.7) takes place in Stull cemetery.

Comment

• Supernatural was a guilty pleasure of mine approx. 6-8 years ago. It's trash, but enjoyable.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
              Supernatural was a guilty pleasure of mine approx. 6-8 years ago. It's trash, but enjoyable.
              I didn't even finish season 1. I tried it hoping for another Buffy/Angel type series, but it just never had the same allure for me so I quit.

Comment

• I'm in the middle of Season 3 of Supernatural, and as ED stated above, it's trash, but it's enjoyable trash.

On an unrelated side-note: I was up in Bellevue, WA on TDY several years ago, and unbeknownst to me, the Emerald City Comic Con was going on in Seattle at the same time. Apparently, the Supernatural actor panel line-up drew such a huge crowd that they moved it to its own hotel -- the hotel where I was staying in Bellevue -- so I was literally surrounded by dorks and nerds of all ages wearing demon and angel wings, and other show-related outfits, including an extraordinarily large number of MILFS wearing all manner of outfits worthy of Whore-O-Ween. At the time, I was completely unfamiliar with the show and it's connection to LFK, but as I tend to hang in the hotel bar after work when I'm on travel, my Kansas t-shirts and hoodies drew a lot of attention from the aforementioned drunk MILFS. So that was nice.

Comment

• The same guy who created The Boys created Supernatural. While there were a few down seasons, overall I wouldn't call the show trash. Pretty much every actor who has appeared on the show speaks very highly of it. Here's a couple fun little clips

If you look at the end credits, these are all actors who have a recurring or semi-recurring role in the series.

It's a fun series. All 14 completed seasons are on Netflix.

The show is not well received by the religious zealots for a variety of reasons:

SPOILER- The devil is painted as a sympathic character
                  - The angels (with the exception of Castiel) are all dicks
                  - God (Who prefers to be called Chuck) is a supreme dick

Comment

• I mean, it's trash. And that's OK!

Comment

• Supernatural Pet Peeve: Despite being from LFK, the brother's car and their dad's truck had fucking Sedgwick County tags.

Also, the Lawrence scenes (and every other scene in the show) were shot on location in Vancouver, B.C. -- spoiler alert -- Vancouver doesn't look much like LFK.

Comment

• I'm enjoying the new season of Fargo. Not as engrossing as the last two seasons (at least not so far), but still pretty good if you're a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                          Supernatural Pet Peeve: Despite being from LFK, the brother's car and their dad's truck had fucking Sedgwick County tags.

Also, the Lawrence scenes (and every other scene in the show) were shot on location in Vancouver, B.C. -- spoiler alert -- Vancouver doesn't look much like LFK.
                          I grew up in Lawrence and I thought their portrayal of the town was fair. No Amyx Barber Shop, Weavers, Arensberg Shoes or Morris Sporting Goods, but overall I thought they captured the feel of the town in the 1970's. Now the Sedgwick County tags on baby is a major error. Baby deserves better than being tagged in Topeka.

Comment

• Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post

I grew up in Lawrence and I thought their portrayal of the town was fair. No Amyx Barber Shop, Weavers, Arensberg Shoes or Morris Sporting Goods, but overall I thought they captured the feel of the town in the 1970's. Now the Sedgwick County tags on baby is a major error. Baby deserves better than being tagged in Topeka.
                            tenor.gif

Comment

• ^^ My bad. Sedgwick is Wichita not Topeka. Still, Baby should have been titled in either Douglas County or Smith County

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                                I'm in the middle of Season 3 of Supernatural, and as ED stated above, it's trash, but it's enjoyable trash.

On an unrelated side-note: I was up in Bellevue, WA on TDY several years ago, and unbeknownst to me, the Emerald City Comic Con was going on in Seattle at the same time. Apparently, the Supernatural actor panel line-up drew such a huge crowd that they moved it to its own hotel -- the hotel where I was staying in Bellevue -- so I was literally surrounded by dorks and nerds of all ages wearing demon and angel wings, and other show-related outfits, including an extraordinarily large number of MILFS wearing all manner of outfits worthy of Whore-O-Ween. At the time, I was completely unfamiliar with the show and it's connection to LFK, but as I tend to hang in the hotel bar after work when I'm on travel, my Kansas t-shirts and hoodies drew a lot of attention from the aforementioned drunk MILFS. So that was nice.
                                Where
                                The
                                Fuck
                                Are
                                The
                                Pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X