Popular Comedians you "get", but don't find all that funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular Comedians you "get", but don't find all that funny

Norm MacDonald has an AMA going on right now, and that brought this topic to mind.

I've never found awkward humor to be all that funny, and Norm's humor, to me, is mostly troll humor that is off the wall "make people uncomfortable" stuff.

I understand that he is objectively funny, but his shtick just doesn't do it for me.

It's impossible to have this conversation without someone saying, "you just don't get him"...yes, I do, it's just not my style.

Ironically, I love his moth joke, even though it goes against everything that I just said

I'm a huge fan of his, even went to a live taping of Sports Show once.

He had an AMA on reddit today. I think his delivery is great, and his anti-jokes work, but watching his Netflix show and skimming his AMA today, I couldn't help but wonder if he's leaned on his delivery for so long that he just plain stopped being funny somewhere along the way.

Comment

Yeah, well I think he's fucking hilarious, and what I say goes.

Comment

Gallagher -- I don't understand what he has against fruit.

Comment

I love Norm, but I don't think I could tolerate more than 20 minutes of him at a time.

Comment

Carrot Top

Edit - Not sure if he's still popular. Oh well, I'm leaving it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
              Carrot Top

Edit - Not sure if he's still popular. Oh well, I'm leaving it.
              I think "popular" here would simply mean have most people who like comedy heard of them, so I think Carrot Top qualifies.

Comment

Ellen DeGeneres. It's all the same schtick.

Comment

Jerry Seinfeld. Don’t have anything against him, but I’m pretty certain he’s never made me laugh.

Comment

I don't find Robin Williams funny in the least. I liked about half of the movies he made, and really only the ones where he wasn't deliberately trying to be over the top funny. The rest of his movies I hated and I never made it more than 10 or 15 minutes into any of his standup routines.

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
                      Ellen DeGeneres. It's all the same schtick.
                      I enjoy Ellen and Norm. Though I do agree Norm mailed it in the last decade or so. His Netflix show was his best effort in a long time.

Seinfeld is a odd one for me. Enjoy his Coffee/Cars show, but overall never was all that great for me. I did enjoy Seinfeld the show.

Eddie Murphy in recent years is funniest when he's not trying to be funny.

Comment

Check out Hiking with Kevin (Nealon) sometime if you want some interesting interviews from a comedian.

Comment

Dennis Miller

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                            Check out Hiking with Kevin (Nealon) sometime if you want some interesting interviews from a comedian.
                            Will do. I like Nealon quite a bit.

Comment

Does anyone find Amy Schumer funny?

Comment

Working...
                              X