Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you going to do with your stimulus check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you going to do with your stimulus check?

For those like Gard and LARP who I assume make too much money to get a check, what would you do with it if you had it?

(No answers of "Hookers and blow" please)

Probably donate it.

Maybe I should contact Nancy and see if she can get me a few million in pork money.

Comment

Throw it on the pile.

In a strange twist, I should actually qualify for a check if they are indeed using 2018 tax returns. I graduated in 2018 and only worked for 3 full months, putting me below the $75K threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
        Throw it on the pile.

In a strange twist, I should actually qualify for a check if they are indeed using 2018 tax returns. I graduated in 2018 and only worked for 3 full months, putting me below the $75K threshold.
        Based on the CNN article I read today, they'll use 2018 numbers if you haven't filed you 2019 return. Otherwise, they'll use the 2019 numbers. So, if you haven't filed yet, you might want to hold off.

Comment

60% VTSAX
          40% VTIAX

I'm not doing a great job of it, but I'm trying to cut out most of my non-essential spending. My job is safer than most, but things don't look that great either. I've got savings to get by, but I'd hate to be spending my savings when the stock market is potentially 50% off from its high.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
            For those like Gard and LARP who I assume make too much money to get a check, what would you do with it if you had it?

(No answers of "Hookers and blow" please)
            Since you've taken away my two standard go-to responses I'm probably going to just waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post
              60% VTSAX
              40% VTIAX

I'm not doing a great job of it, but I'm trying to cut out most of my non-essential spending. My job is safer than most, but things don't look that great either. I've got savings to get by, but I'd hate to be spending my savings when the stock market is potentially 50% off from its high.
              Do you think the market has hit it's low, or do you think that is yet to come?

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

Based on the CNN article I read today, they'll use 2018 numbers if you haven't filed you 2019 return. Otherwise, they'll use the 2019 numbers. So, if you haven't filed yet, you might want to hold off.
                From your lips to God's ears. I decided weeks ago to put off doing my 2019 taxes until the last minute, in case additional tax incentives or deductions are included in our response to this. When the deadline was extended to July 15, it was a no-brainer.

If I get a check, I will probably throw it into 529 accounts I created for my niece and nephews. Their parents also have their own accounts, but I want them to have some walking around money in college (because I did not).

Comment

Comment

You contribute money to your niece and nephews' college fund??? That's a bit odd...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                      You contribute money to your niece and nephews' college fund??? That's a bit odd...
                      I'm not paying for their college. I'm creating a beer/pizza fund for them ("living expenses"), to be revealed when they graduate high school. Like a "Hey, congrats! btw, here's $7,000 you weren't expecting." I cleared the idea with my brothers/their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post

Since you've taken away my two standard go-to responses I'm probably going to just waste it.
                        That was my response as well, which is why I didn't respond. And, I am going to go that route even without getting the stimulus check. But I won't post it here. Nope. Rules is rules.

Comment

Day trade it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                            I contribute to my niece and nephew's college fund, too. My sister is a deadbeat piece of crap and their father abandoned them and is no longer in their life, so I took it upon myself to help them not become my sister or their father.

Comment

Kudos to both of you (ED & Fro)...very cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X