Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working From Home?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Working From Home?

    How's it going for those of us lucky enough to be able to work from home?

    Things I find I do all the time:
    • Spend way too much time on here.
    • Stare out the windshield
    • Look up song lyrics
    • You know
    • Clean/fix random shit. I've already
      • restuffed the sofa
      • detailed my cars
      • Greased every door hinge
      • Organized the tv wires
    • Hmm. Wonder what the dogs are doing? You know, the ones who never misbehaved when I was going to the office and that was fine, but now I can't seem to trust out of my sight more than 5 minutes.

  • #2
    I already had this week scheduled off, but I'm finding it very hard to relax knowing I may not be going back "to the office" for several more months. Just antsy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
      How's it going for those of us lucky enough to be able to work from home?

      Things I find I do all the time:
      • Spend way too much time on here.
      • Stare out the windshield
      • Look up song lyrics
      • You know
      • Clean/fix random shit. I've already
        • restuffed the sofa
        • detailed my cars
        • Greased every door hinge
        • Organized the tv wires
      • Hmm. Wonder what the dogs are doing? You know, the ones who never misbehaved when I was going to the office and that was fine, but now I can't seem to trust out of my sight more than 5 minutes.
      Maybe the dogs are acting out because they're concerned that you're spending all day working from inside your car.

      Comment


      • #4
        That's life when you live in a van down by the river.

        Comment


        • #5
          And the dogs aren't acting out. They're fine. It's me that for some reason suddenly can't trust them lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Sometimes I envy people who don't work in healthcare.

            At least I'm getting paid.

            Comment


            • #7
              I was 100% based from home (field) before changing directives and being promoted into a supervisory role, but now the Field Office is on lockdown until at least April 7th. So I'm now back at home. Honestly, it makes little difference other than I am plugging my laptop into a different docking station, and at home I don't have people dropping by to say hi, hang out, or go to lunch. This, in theory, would mean that I could get more work done, but with the entire local area on shelter in place orders there is actually less for me to do. So to keep myself busy I've mostly been doing online annual training, reading the news, surfing porn, and day trading the volatility.

              Comment


              • #8
                On the bright side, if my agency were to shut us down for whatever reason, I would likely be put on administrative leave, which is federal government speak for sit on your ass and do nothing and still get full pay and benefits. And if push comes to shove, I checked my leave balances this morning and I have 247 hours of annual leave and 1,297 hours of sick leave accrued.

                Comment


                • #9
                  As a professor, I worked at home most days for 15 years. Then, I got into administration more and started going into the office nearly every day. It feels good to be at home again. I love video meetings with Zoom (and other options that are lesser, I am finding). I enjoy having more email conversations and being able to respond on my time. I am thinking of going into the office and removing the giant display and bringing it home to give me more screen real estate. I wonder if IT or security would think I am trying to steal it (because, I am stealing it from work in a sense).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    87847465_10221351962889806_8938373413139906560_n.jpg

                    For those who cannot work from home...or just hate your spouse and/or children.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can't remember the last time I was in an office with carpet. Feeling nostalgic.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post
                        Can't remember the last time I was in an office with carpet. Feeling nostalgic.
                        Is this some sort of weird humblebrag? We just moved into a brand new tower (about a year ago) with a very modern build-out, and all the hallways and offices have low-pile carpet. With all the heels and dress shoes clomping around, I would find it very annoying if all the flooring surfaces were hard. The glass walls do a poor job of sound dampening as it is. Also, the lack of traction might be a safety hazard, but I can't say for sure.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maybe they don't trust people in his field not to spill all the time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post

                            Is this some sort of weird humblebrag? We just moved into a brand new tower (about a year ago) with a very modern build-out, and all the hallways and offices have low-pile carpet. With all the heels and dress shoes clomping around, I would find it very annoying if all the flooring surfaces were hard. The glass walls do a poor job of sound dampening as it is. Also, the lack of traction might be a safety hazard, but I can't say for sure.
                            Neither a brag nor a gripe. Just not something I ever see anymore. Maybe an industry-dependent thing. Idk.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So, stained concrete, then?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X