Apple Users Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Users Question

Need some input. My cousin is wanting to set up a digital photo frame for his dad (my uncle). He’d like it to be one that all his family members can share photos or videos to; my uncle is old and lives alone. The issue is that they all have iPhones. I have a Pixel, so I don’t know what Apple can do for them. They don’t want to spend too much on this thing (naturally). There are no issues with the Uncle around privacy, so Echo Show or whatever would be fine.

I’m open to simple solutions that inconvenience the cousin, by the way. Dude’s a schmuck. But I’m the only one that seems to have any grasp of technology so they asked for my help.

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
    Need some input. My cousin is wanting to set up a digital photo frame for his dad (my uncle). He’d like it to be one that all his family members can share photos or videos to; my uncle is old and lives alone. The issue is that they all have iPhones. I have a Pixel, so I don’t know what Apple can do for them. They don’t want to spend too much on this thing (naturally). There are no issues with the Uncle around privacy, so Echo Show or whatever would be fine.

I’m open to simple solutions that inconvenience the cousin, by the way. Dude’s a schmuck. But I’m the only one that seems to have any grasp of technology so they asked for my help.
    Pretty sure you can just buy a digital photo frame that allows you to send pictures remotely from either Android or iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post

Pretty sure you can just buy a digital photo frame that allows you to send pictures remotely from either Android or iOS.
      Any idea of they support multiple sources (iPhones)?

Comment

Have you looked into this even casually?

Comment

Yes. Maybe I'm not using the right keyword in my searches though. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the product descriptions. But it seems like most will accept it from one phone, not multiple that can be sent over the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
            Yes. Maybe I'm not using the right keyword in my searches though. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the product descriptions. But it seems like most will accept it from one phone, not multiple that can be sent over the internet.
            I could be wrong, but I think what you’re trying to accomplish is a bit outside the capabilities of a regular digital picture frame. You might be able to accomplish what you’re trying to do by turning an old laptop into a digital picture frame/mini-server, but maintaining it via remote access is going to take some technical know-how.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

I could be wrong, but I think what you’re trying to accomplish is a bit outside the capabilities of a regular digital picture frame. You might be able to accomplish what you’re trying to do by turning an old laptop into a digital picture frame/mini-server, but maintaining it via remote access is going to take some technical know-how.
              Yeah, I'm not a real "techie," but I think this may be the answer you are looking for. Some cheap laptop or even a tablet device that could act as a server to the digital picture frame would accept input from multiple devices. If you could operate it remotely, then it would be a simple matter of everyone sending photos to an email address (or something like that) and you simply downloading them to the laptop and uploading to the digital device.

Comment

A family member has a Pixstar digital frame and its as you describe if I’m understanding you right. Anyone can download the Pixstar app and send photos to the frame with it.

Comment

Well now, that's just way easier than what I was suggesting. LOL

Comment

Thanks LARP! It looks like I was definitely looking for the wrong keywords. Oops. This helps point me in the right direction.

Comment

Google. How does it work?
                      -- Kugdi

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
                        Google. How does it work?
                        -- Kugdi
                        Two rainbows? What does it mean?

Comment

Working...
                        X