Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, shall we talk about the Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

It's almost like the shelter in place orders are working.
    I posted on TOS that the best thing we can hope for is the Trump fans get a victory dance, that means the state governors did a good job.

I get mocked at Phog for spreading information based on daily calls I listen in on, but they say this weekend will be the peak for St. Louis/KC, should level off and it's completely because of states orders to stay the fuck at home. I'm not a medical professional, but work in a large hospital system and people are becoming more optimistic because of state's responses in the area. OK they are still worried about, but our operations co-workers in Missouri and Arkansas will have enough PPE they believe.

As others noted, this is modeling, done by people much smarter than anyone that posts here, except for Gard. Might miss it by a mile, but encouraging.

Still stay the fuck home people. A great friend got it, spent a few days in the hospital and is now at home, alone in his basement. Said at one point death was a preferable option. Just so hard to imagine what it does to you. He gets tired now walking 20 feet to his bathroom and has his wife place a plate on the stairs and call him to tell him a meal is ready.

Comment

• Is anyone on here concerned about the economy?

Comment

• Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post

I posted on TOS that the best thing we can hope for is the Trump fans get a victory dance, that means the state governors did a good job.

I get mocked at Phog for spreading information based on daily calls I listen in on, but they say this weekend will be the peak for St. Louis/KC, should level off and it's completely because of states orders to stay the fuck at home. I'm not a medical professional, but work in a large hospital system and people are becoming more optimistic because of state's responses in the area. OK they are still worried about, but our operations co-workers in Missouri and Arkansas will have enough PPE they believe.

As others noted, this is modeling, done by people much smarter than anyone that posts here, except for Gard. Might miss it by a mile, but encouraging.

Still stay the fuck home people. A great friend got it, spent a few days in the hospital and is now at home, alone in his basement. Said at one point death was a preferable option. Just so hard to imagine what it does to you. He gets tired now walking 20 feet to his bathroom and has his wife place a plate on the stairs and call him to tell him a meal is ready.
        Now that it is very apparent that the ones at risk are the elderly and people with underlying health conditions, shouldnt we start moving toward healthy and young going back to work, and the at risk people stay isolated?

Comment

• Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post
          Is anyone on here concerned about the economy?
          I think it's safe to assume that as a rather educated bunch -- this being primarily a KU/college sports fan site -- that, yes, we are all worried about the economy. But, right now, I'm more worried about things like keeping my parents alive. Oh, and Indian call centers. As this thing rips through Mumbai I have no idea who is going to ask me if I tried unplugging and plugging back in the U.S. economy after this thing is over.

Comment

Fauci is a swamp dweller and a clinton supporter, I dont give a shit what he says.
            I am fascinated by your take on Fauci because it doesn't seem rational to me, but you clearly believe it. I have read about individuals who believe Fauci is part of a deep state connected to Clinton, but you seem to be right in line with that thinking. This is why I sometimes regret not majoring in sociology back in school and pursuing fringe political types.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-target-147401

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
              Never quit being you okjay.
              You mean happy and handsome? No worries.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                Also, it's my time to shine!

sign me up!

Comment

• Originally posted by sean View Post
                  I am fascinated by your take on Fauci because it doesn't seem rational to me, but you clearly believe it. I have read about individuals who believe Fauci is part of a deep state connected to Clinton, but you seem to be right in line with that thinking. This is why I sometimes regret not majoring in sociology back in school and pursuing fringe political types.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-target-147401
                  I dont consider myself fringe, I identify as a common sense patriot.

Comment

Is anyone on here concerned about the economy?
                    Of course. Very worried. But today I was informed that, even under worst-case scenario modelling, we don't need to lay people off or reduce pay.

But who knows what tomorrow holds.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

I think it's safe to assume that as a rather educated bunch -- this being primarily a KU/college sports fan site -- that, yes, we are all worried about the economy. But, right now, I'm more worried about things like keeping my parents alive. Oh, and Indian call centers. As this thing rips through Mumbai I have no idea who is going to ask me if I tried unplugging and plugging back in the U.S. economy after this thing is over.
                      I'm not worried about my parents. But my son who is immuno-compromised on the other hand takes a front seat to the economy for me personally. Though I hate to see the beating it will take. I think the economy will rebound quite quickly, but only if we don't get stupid and try to open things back up too soon.

This may sound harsh, and I don't mean it too. I'm not really that concerned with saving the lives of those who are a net drain on resources..
                      Last edited by WolfShirtSophomore; 04-09-20, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post

Of course. Very worried. But today I was informed that, even under worst-case scenario modelling, we don't need to lay people off or reduce pay.

But who knows what tomorrow holds.
                        Out here in bumfuck egypt, things really have not changed much, still working. Pissed about government closing corps of engineers camping. I have to travel across state lines for work, and at a time my company was worried about states stopping this. so they gave some of us a letter to show if we were stopped.

Letter.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post

Isn’t it mostly the short dumbfuck giving you shit? No one really cares what he has to say. Please keep letting us know what you hear.

Comment

• 596A8E0A-BD22-47E2-8053-0620DC1F0076.jpeg

Comment

• 1416FB5F-E00E-4AAD-BE87-A0144410F7B8.jpeg

Comment

I dont consider myself fringe, I identify as a common sense patriot.
                                Fringe people never think they're fringe. Same with lizard people.

Comment

Working...
                                X