Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, shall we talk about the Coronavirus?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
    With a BMI of 28,000, that guy needs a serious diet and probably some insulin. Also, 6.2 cm, isn't that 15 inches tall?
    Back off, it's just a little holiday weight.

    Comment


    • Got the second dose of Moderna yesterday. Fever and chills all night, barely slept. Actually home sick today, can't remember the last time I missed work due to illness. Guess that means "it's working."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Protist View Post
        Got the second dose of Moderna yesterday. Fever and chills all night, barely slept. Actually home sick today, can't remember the last time I missed work due to illness. Guess that means "it's working."

        Yes, you are experiencing what a lot of others have experienced with the second dose. Should last less than 24 hours based on what my coworkers and I have experienced.

        Comment


        • I am a bit concerned about getting dose 2 based on stories (that are still far better than stories of getting covid and getting sick). I am getting my second dose on a Monday afternoon and have a single meeting then on Tuesday afternoon that I can miss if I am too sick. Wednesday I cleared my calendar until 3 PM. I'd prefer not to miss that meeting.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Protist View Post
            Got the second dose of Moderna yesterday. Fever and chills all night, barely slept. Actually home sick today, can't remember the last time I missed work due to illness. Guess that means "it's working."
            Your body is clearly rejecting the chip implant that comes in the 2nd dose.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

              Your body is clearly rejecting the chip implant that comes in the 2nd dose.
              Which is too bad since once it connects with your phone you get free wifi at all government buildings.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

                Which is too bad since once it connects with your phone you get free wifi at all government buildings.
                Yes, but the downside is that anytime someone says "Alexa!" you automatically turn and look and then try to do anything asked by that person.

                Comment


                • If there's a problem, yo, I'll solve it. Check out my poop while TC revolves it.

                  -- Vanilla Mumbar

                  -
                  There’s a golden opportunity to track deadly new variants of the virus in the sewers.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                    If there's a problem, yo, I'll solve it. Check out my poop while TC revolves it.

                    -- Vanilla Mumbar

                    -

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
                      With a BMI of 28,000, that guy needs a serious diet and probably some insulin. Also, 6.2 cm, isn't that 15 inches tall?
                      Like 2.5 inches tall actually

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RoyalMule View Post

                        Like 2.5 inches tall actually
                        HEY THATS TOTALLY AVERAGE FOR A NORTH AMERICAN MALE

                        Comment


                        • Anyway ... back to the topic at hand;

                          Pfizer announced yesterday that they could deliver 2 billion doses of their vaccine by the end of the year. Very good news, and a higher number than was earlier estimated. Still not enough for world-wide vaccination, but if China can come up with a good, reliable vaccine, and with additional vaccines provided by Moderna, Astra-Zeneca, Johnson and Johnson and several others still being tested, I think the vaccine news is overall very positive. It's very likely that everyone in the US who wants a vaccine can get one by the end of summer.

                          The daily infection rate and mortality numbers continue to move in a positive direction. Last week we averaged about 110,000 new cases of COVID 19 per day; this week that number should end up around 70,000 cases per day. Three weeks ago we were at 160,000 cases per day. The 7 day moving average of daily deaths is dropping rapidly, as well, although it's only been dropping for 2 weeks. Another couple of weeks and that number should look much, much better than it does today. With the exception of a week or so in August, our 7 day moving average mortality rate was under 1000 from June through the first part of November. Then it climbed to 3000 by January. We are back down to 2100, but that's still awfully high. This week we surpassed half a million deaths from COVID 19 in the US. Even with the rate lowering, we'll probably see another 100,000 deaths before summer. I'm hoping that by the end of summer, those numbers will be down to an almost negligible amount, but that remains to be seen.

                          Comment


                          • You missed an opportunity to quote Snoop instead. Much disappoint.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
                              Anyway ... back to the topic at hand;
                              How dare you.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sean View Post
                                I am a bit concerned about getting dose 2 based on stories (that are still far better than stories of getting covid and getting sick). I am getting my second dose on a Monday afternoon and have a single meeting then on Tuesday afternoon that I can miss if I am too sick. Wednesday I cleared my calendar until 3 PM. I'd prefer not to miss that meeting.
                                Don't be a pussy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X