Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, shall we talk about the Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
    This is gonna leave a lot of people conflicted.

Surprising this isnt getting more discussion.

Comment

• Wait just a minute!

"A new report from The New York Times indicates that experts have “genuine confidence” that the coronavirus pandemic will end “far sooner” than originally expected and that President Donald Trump’s Operation Warp Speed — the administration’s efforts to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics — has been “working with remarkable efficiency.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nyt-e...ble-efficiency

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
          What the hell is going on in Utqiagvik? Must be make out central.

Comment

• 107606909_1064446237283023_3130012505017353769_n.png

Comment

• So, I quit my bowling league, partially because a couple teammates were up there in age, with possible co-morbitities and I was worried about being a possible spreader and then having to maybe live with the quasi quilt of not knowing if I was the transmitter.....

Fast forward 8 months. One of them passed away Wednesday. Tested positive, and within a week was gone.

This virus is real. And you don't want to be the one that passed it on. Please wear your masks, if not all the time, at least when around the most vulnerable.

That is all.

Comment

So, I quit my bowling league, partially because a couple teammates were up there in age, with possible co-morbitities and I was worried about being a possible spreader and then having to maybe live with the quasi quilt of not knowing if I was the transmitter.....

Fast forward 8 months. One of them passed away Wednesday. Tested positive, and within a week was gone.

This virus is real. And you don't want to be the one that passed it on. Please wear your masks, if not all the time, at least when around the most vulnerable.

That is all.
                Oh man, I’m so sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

Oh man, I’m so sorry.
                  Thanks. I'm good. It's kind of selfish I know, to know that I wasn't the cause, but I'm glad I don't have the guilt. But at the same time it sucks. They are die hards, this is the life they have chosen, it's what they love to do, so I can't fault them for that. If I was their age I may have made the same choice to continue bowling.

Comment

So, I quit my bowling league, partially because a couple teammates were up there in age, with possible co-morbitities and I was worried about being a possible spreader and then having to maybe live with the quasi quilt of not knowing if I was the transmitter.....

That is all.
                    That sucks. Just today, Trump's (I'm sorry) COVID health advisor Dr. (lol) Scott Atlas strongly came out (once again) against masks calling them useless and even dangerous. Given that he is one of Trump's closest advisors on this issue, and you are some random dude on the internet, I'll go with your advice and continue wearing the mask.

Comment

• That sucks WSS.

Comment

• Two studies show antibodies for COVID-19 persists for months.

Article here

This is sort of good news. It would be nice if the antibodies persisted for years, but we've only had the virus in the US for about 8 months (give or take a bit), so there hasn't been that long of a time to study it. The fact that we've only had a very small handful of people become re-infected with Coronavirus, and those may have had different strains, is also good news. Many millions of people have been infected and if the antibodies weren't effective at preventing re-infection, my feeling is we'd be seeing a lot more re-infections by now.

Comment

• I have a pretty strong feeling T-Cells are more important than antibodies for this virus, from what I've read anyway.

Comment

• Listened to Francis Collins on NPR this morning. He said there are 4 strong vaccine candidates in Phase III trials and it's not out of the realm of possibility that one or more will be available for manufacture and delivery by year end. He emphasized that although this has been fast tracked, they aren't taking any shortcuts re: safety and efficacy. I'll believe it when I see it, because Phase III trials are where researchers try to tease out rare side effects, but so far so good.

Comment

• Did he mention how many of them are RNA vaccines vs traditional vaccines using weakened SARS-Cov2?

Comment

Did he mention how many of them are RNA vaccines vs traditional vaccines using weakened SARS-Cov2?
                                No he didn't go into details. I haven't read up on it lately, but I heard them mention (in a different report) that they were focusing on the viral spike protein, but beyond that, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X