Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, shall we talk about the Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulus talks have ben stopped until after the election when "Trump Wins"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/polit...lks/index.html

I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business," Trump wrote in a series of tweets Tuesday afternoon.

Anyone who still believes this dipshit gives a flying fuck about anyone but himself is delusional

Comment

• Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
      Stimulus talks have ben stopped until after the election when "Trump Wins"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/polit...lks/index.html

I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business," Trump wrote in a series of tweets Tuesday afternoon.

Anyone who still believes this dipshit gives a flying fuck about anyone but himself is delusional
      As opposed to the democrats who care soooooooooo much about the people that they went and stuffed a trillion dollars worth of pork that had nothing to do with covid-19 relief in it. I'm glad they're turning it down. Trying to paint this as the Donald/Republicans not giving a fuck about the people, instead of about them giving a fuck about the deficit and runaway spending, is hilarious, but I expect nothing less from the MSM than to run cover for Pelosi et al.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

As opposed to the democrats who care soooooooooo much about the people that they went and stuffed a trillion dollars worth of pork that had nothing to do with covid-19 relief in it. I'm glad they're turning it down. Trying to paint this as the Donald/Republicans not giving a fuck about the people, instead of about them giving a fuck about the deficit and runaway spending, is hilarious, but I expect nothing less from the MSM than to run cover for Pelosi et al.
        Parody post, right? You can't honestly play the Republicans care about deficit and spending card after the tax cut they rammed through. I mean, I guess you can, but...jeezus, that's just next level head in the sand stuff on your part if you're serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by drinky View Post

Parody post, right? You can't honestly play the Republicans care about deficit and spending card after the tax cut they rammed through. I mean, I guess you can, but...jeezus, that's just next level head in the sand stuff on your part if you're serious.
          Tax cut resulted in net tax revenue increases. So I'm not sure how you can use that as the basis for saying they don't care about the deficit. Maybe you should point to increases in spending instead....

I don't think they actually care about the deficit, I was just pointing out how laughable it is claim they don't care about the people simply because they won't agree to a trillion dollars in pork.

Comment

• It's not that they don't agree, it's that Trump has broken off all negotiations until after he wins the election. Then he's got a great stimulus package he will implement. The best stimulus package in the history of the world, I am told.

In 1968 the Johnson administration had an agreement with North Vietnam to end the Vietnam war. That agreement suddenly went tits up as Nixon convince the North Vietnamese that he would give them a better deal when he got elected. Nixon did not follow through on this and the conflict waged for five more years. Trump suspending stimulus negotiations until after he is elected has the same stink to me.

Comment

• Yeah. Throw it on the heap of things Trump does that prove he only cares about himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

cough cough

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...and-institute/

Comment

• I'm just going to point out that this is the Coronavirus thread and not the politics thread. I know there is some intertwining between the two, but we do have a politics board.

Comment

• Yeah, last 7 posts should probably be moved.

Comment

• Jurassic World: Dominion filming halted

“Jurassic World: Dominion” had to temporarily suspend filming after several dinosaurs on set tested positive for coronavirus, director Colin Trevorrow announced.

“Woke up to the news we had a few positive Coronavirus tests on ‘Jurassic World: Dominion.’ All tested negative shortly after, but due to our safety protocols we’re going to pause for two weeks. Back soon,” Trevorrow said.

The dinosaurs were showing no symptoms.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/j...us-1234796230/

Comment

• This is the real tragedy of this pandemic, am i right guys?

Comment

• SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE FIND LOOPHOLE TO NY COVID RULES BY PAYING AUDIENCE AS EMPLOYEES

The cast of “Saturday Night Live” weren’t the only people live from the show’s New York Studio during its Season 46 premiere over the weekend.

The New York Times reports on Tuesday that members of the “Saturday Night Live” studio audience who attended the show’s taping last weekend were paid, effectively making them cast members. Though New York state guidelines prohibit the public from attending live television shows, the “Saturday Night Live” team’s loophole allowed the show to be filmed in accordance with the state’s reopening guidelines, which were enacted to slow the spread of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

One attendee told the New York Times that he and seven friends each received checks for $150 once the show had ended and added that they were not informed they would be paid. The attendee also noted that they were asked to take a “rapid virus test” and sign health forms indicating they did not have the coronavirus or symptoms of the virus, both of which were required to attend the “Saturday Night Live” taping.

The New York Times received a statement from a state health department spokesperson that the show followed guidelines by selecting its audience through a third party and compensating them for their time. A NBCUniversal spokesperson told the publication that “Saturday Night Live” closely followed state department guidelines, but did not specify how many audience members were paid.

IndieWire has reached out to NBCUniversal for comment.

“Saturday Night Live” made its much-anticipated return to studio production for its Season 46 premiere, several months after the coronavirus pandemic forced the show to go virtual. Though the show’s team produced several virtual episodes via teleconferencing technology to a mixed reception over the summer, Saturday’s show was filmed in NBC’s Manhattan studios. At least four more live episodes are expected to be taped throughout the rest of October.

The Saturday show also served as a parody of the much-derided first presidential debate last week and an introduction to Jim Carrey’s Joe Biden impersonation and the return of Maya Rudolph as Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), who is serving as Biden’s vice presidential running mate.

Without getting too political in this non-political thread, I'm "SURE" SNL will no longer poke fun of Trump or anyone else for not wearing masks or social distancing after this. After all, that would be hypocritical.

Comment

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

FrobozMumbar said it about Snopes earlier regarding this link regarding Jacob Blake, that he understood why some people think the site leans left.

To his point: The Jacob Blake issue is labeled false right at the top, and if you weren't going to dig to the very end of the evaluation you'd never see the rest. Which even there it finally changes to "misleading". Probably to cover their asses.

As opposed to WolfShirtSophomore 's link which says mixed, implying it's kind of true. And again you have to dig through their evaluation to see that it's actually false. Then they give a long and circuitous explanation as to how they got to a "mixed" rating.

It just ticks me off. I don't think it's some sort of mistake either. I'm not naive. I'm quite competent in the English language, and understand how to phrase things to make statements which are semi-factual yet massively misleading.
                            I think you misread the Jacob Blake one. The claim they're addressing is unequivocally false. They never refer to it as misleading because it isn't misleading, it's a total fabrication. The only place they use the word misleading is over an image of a sexual assault statute. That text refers to the image, not the claim. It's misleading because it's a genuine statute, but it's one from Rhode Island (not Wisconsin) and has no relation to the crime Blake was charged with.

I think "mixed" or "false" are both fair for the covid hoax story. Does "Trump called covid a hoax" mean that he called its existence a hoax, its severity a hoax, or the response to it a hoax? It seems like his meanings were 2 or 3 (though you have to make assumptions as there's no way to know). It's a legitimate distinction, denying the existence vs denying the severity, but we're getting into some pretty fine hair splitting. In any case, I think their 3 sentence summary at the top isn't a lot to "dig through" and tells the story clearly.

Comment

• Les Miles has it.

LAWRENCE, KS. (KCTV) --- Kansas Jayhawks football head coach Les Miles has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Comment

• Uuiughh

Comment

Working...
                                X