Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, shall we talk about the Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

FrobozMumbar said it about Snopes earlier regarding this link regarding Jacob Blake, that he understood why some people think the site leans left.

To his point: The Jacob Blake issue is labeled false right at the top, and if you weren't going to dig to the very end of the evaluation you'd never see the rest. Which even there it finally changes to "misleading". Probably to cover their asses.

As opposed to WolfShirtSophomore 's link which says mixed, implying it's kind of true. And again you have to dig through their evaluation to see that it's actually false. Then they give a long and circuitous explanation as to how they got to a "mixed" rating.

It just ticks me off. I don't think it's some sort of mistake either. I'm not naive. I'm quite competent in the English language, and understand how to phrase things to make statements which are semi-factual yet massively misleading.
    So, if Snopes were to give itself a rating, it would be "Mixture" or "False"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Protist View Post
      So.....yeah....

Some interesting news this evening re: COVID vis a vis Trump. Wouldn't put it past him to be lying about it, because there is literally nothing he wouldn't lie about.
      The really sad thing is that I could see him lying about this. Dude made an ass of himself in the first debate and now with Covid he has a reason to cancel further debates. Plus when he "recovers" and comes back as strong as before it would cement his image as a macho man that can't be stopped by anything like a pesky virus. I still don't 100% believe he has contacted it which is a sad comment on our times.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

So, if Snopes were to give itself a rating, it would be "Mixture" or "False"?
        They’d probably rate themselves as “TRUE! We’re the most truthful website when answering the hard question!”

And then they’d bury the question they’re answering, which was “Do I like applesauce?”

Comment

• Is social media creating more conspiracy nutters or just giving conspiracy nutters a convenient platform to let their conspiracy-nuts hang?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
            Is social media creating more conspiracy nutters or just giving conspiracy nutters a convenient platform to let their conspiracy-nuts hang?
            You are talking about beakum like he can’t hear you.

Comment

• Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post

For some reason that does not link a story for me from my phone, I’ll try again later on from a computer.

Fyi my dad and his wife have tested positive for the China virus, he is 78, so he is in the trouble zone.
              I thought I would give a quick update on my dad, I just talked to him, he said he has been steadily improving since his low point on Wednesday, and is almost back to 100%. He gets to end his quarantine on Monday and start driving the school bus again.

Comment

• Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post

I thought I would give a quick update on my dad, I just talked to him, he said he has been steadily improving since his low point on Wednesday, and is almost back to 100%. He gets to end his quarantine on Monday and start driving the school bus again.
                Good to hear. May the president recover just as well as him.

Comment

• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now says COVID-19 can be spread through airborne transmission, according to updated guidance on the agency's website. The update, which is now available on the agency's "How It Spreads" page, says that people who are more than six feet away from each can still become infected from droplets that hang in the air, especially in enclosed spaces that have poor ventilation.

The revised guidance comes after the CDC updated its website to include airborne transmission last month, but then removed the information, saying it was still under review. Now, the CDC compares the respiratory spread possibility to different infections like tuberculosis, measles, and chickenpox, all viruses that spread through airborne transmission.

"There is evidence that under certain conditions, people with COVID-19 seem to have infected others who were more than six feet away," reads the new guidance. "These transmissions occurred within enclosed spaces that had inadequate ventilation. Sometimes the infected person was breathing heavily, for example while singing or exercising."

Of course there is no way to know if the new guidance was written by a scientist or a politician.

Comment

• President Dumbass is heading back to the white house, tweeting that Covid is no big deal and he's feeling better than he has in 20 years. I tell you, I don't believe he ever had it.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-tweets-...191136283.html

Comment

• I think he did have it. He didn't look good when he got to the WH, and just because he was dismissed that doesn't mean business as usual; there is a fully equipped medical facility in the WH.

Comment

• All speculation, but

cain.jpg

Comment

• From my MD pal Clay:

Comment

• 4hgk49.jpg

Here's some hott OC. Like and share, plz.

Comment

• dex.jpeg

Comment

• 120932265_10217621850769042_3884245826324857854_o.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X