Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, shall we talk about the Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted on the political board why I feel the way I feel about this whole situation. Another thing that makes me question what I am being told is why is any positive or encouraging news, immediately discredited , or refuted by the left leaning? Why is only the worst case scenario and doom and gloom accepted?

Just one more thing that gives me pause.

Comment

• Sensitivity = rules things out.
      Specificity = rule things in.

If you have a test with high sensitivity and you test negative, it’s likely a true negative. If you have a test with high specificity and you test positive, it’s likely a true positive. Tests can be highly sensitive but not specific, like a d-dimer when looking for blood clots (if you have a negative d-dimer you probably don’t have a blood clot, but if you have a positive d-dimer you don’t necessarily have one, could be elevated for other reasons). Likewise you can have a highly specific test that is not sensitive, where as if you test positive you likely have the disease but if you test negative it doesn’t mean you don’t have it. Obviously it would be ideal to have a test that is both highly sensitive and highly specific.

Comment

• Originally posted by sean View Post
        I think we need enfuego to interject with his math knowledge.
        Damn, just made the same joke "over there" only to find out you did so "over here" two hours ago.

Comment

• By the way, what are we going to do with the 29,000,000,000 hydroxychloroquine pills we bought/commandeered when our president called it a “game changer” but the studies shows it’s not effective and has serious side effect?

Comment

• Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
            By the way, what are we going to do with the 29,000,000,000 hydroxychloroquine pills we bought/commandeered when our president called it a “game changer” but the studies shows it’s not effective and has serious side effect?
            Ship 'em off to Africa along with the KU 2020 NCAA Basketball National Champions t-shirts.

Comment

By the way, what are we going to do with the 29,000,000,000 hydroxychloroquine pills we bought/commandeered when our president called it a “game changer” but the studies shows it’s not effective and has serious side effect?
              Our president calling it a game changer is the only thing you typed that is true in that post.

Comment

When we build the covid19 vaccine, instead of slipping in autism, we could instead add hydroxychloroquine and potentially treat undiagnosed lupus cases. It’s a win win.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

Yikes that study methodology was bad. Small sample size is just the start of it's issues.
                  Yea, you might say that is "anecdotal" evidence that it doesnt work, but evidence usually doesnt matter to dumbass lawyers anyway.

Comment

• Question, if situations were reversed, and Oklahoma had over 1/2 of the nations deaths, and New York only had 162, do you think New York would have shut completely down?

Comment

• Fun segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFbwjwQ4VE

Comment

• Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post
                        Question, if situations were reversed, and Oklahoma had over 1/2 of the nations deaths, and New York only had 162, do you think New York would have shut completely down?
                        Wheels, wagon, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by sean View Post

When we build the covid19 vaccine, instead of slipping in autism, we could instead add hydroxychloroquine and potentially treat undiagnosed lupus cases. It’s a win win.
                          And fluoride!

Comment

• Apropos of nothing, but a personal chuckle this am. My neighbors across the street, big Trump fans, both husband and wife work from home. I think I've seen him maybe four times in the last year, he's a hermit. She does a lot of yard work and whatnot, so I've seen her a bit. This morning, I go out to take the dog on a spin around the hood and at some point last night, they put up a Gadsden Flag and a sign saying to end the restrictions. Nevermind we live in a self contained subdivision, nobody but their neighbors are going to see it and secondly, they never leave their house anyway. They have been training their entire lives for this and now they want to go out?

They're a bit "odd".

Comment

• Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post
                              Question, if situations were reversed, and Oklahoma had over 1/2 of the nations deaths, and New York only had 162, do you think New York would have shut completely down?
                              New York shut down well before 162 deaths, so we don’t really even need to speculate. Yes, they would shut down due to the high risk presented by the virus.

Not you specifically, but it’s weird to me that a lot of people on the right seem to be running victory laps over the virus lately. The last 10 days have been pretty discouraging imo. It’s not clear if deaths have even peaked yet, and pretty clear that they haven’t peaked when you exclude the NY metro area. It also looks like the backside of the curve is much less steep than we were hoping for.

Comment

• Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post
                                Apropos of nothing, but a personal chuckle this am. My neighbors across the street, big Trump fans, both husband and wife work from home. I think I've seen him maybe four times in the last year, he's a hermit. She does a lot of yard work and whatnot, so I've seen her a bit. This morning, I go out to take the dog on a spin around the hood and at some point last night, they put up a Gadsden Flag and a sign saying to end the restrictions. Nevermind we live in a self contained subdivision, nobody but their neighbors are going to see it and secondly, they never leave their house anyway. They have been training their entire lives for this and now they want to go out?

They're a bit "odd".
                                My girlfriend’s mom is in their family group text complaining about the restrictions literally every day. She never leaves the house in normal times. She keeps asking them if they’re gonna come bail her out of jail if she gets arrested for walking on the beach.

Comment

Working...
                                X