How do you manage your Calendar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you manage your Calendar?

Looking for some tips here. How do you manage your calendar? I'd like to find a way to be able to see what I have going on on a given day, with both personal and work calendars without combining the two. My company uses Outlook, and is all protected behind a firewall. Is there a way to have that sync with my personal calendar daily without just sending invites on every appointment to my personal email or the reverse?

don't know much about outlook but does it have any automation rules to it that would allow it to autoforward appointments to another email for you? That's how I've integrated a personal google calendar with my work calendar.

Comment

If you’re an Apple user I believe their Calendar will handle this just fine.

My work and personal calendars are both in Gmail, but I was able to add them both to my Apple calendar.

Comment

Well, the problem is that all Outlook for me is encrypted, and I can't export en-masse outside my organization. We use the Blackberry Connect suite if that's pertinent at all.

If I were to use the auto-forward rule idea, does anyone know if that copies the original organizer? They don't need a notification that I'm sending it to my personal email every time.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
          Well, the problem is that all Outlook for me is encrypted, and I can't export en-masse outside my organization. We use the Blackberry Connect suite if that's pertinent at all.

If I were to use the auto-forward rule idea, does anyone know if that copies the original organizer? They don't need a notification that I'm sending it to my personal email every time.
          We use Lotus Notes at work, and it does not email the originator of the calendar entry when I have it email me for reminders, etc. I would think that Outlook would be the same, or better.

Comment

EA842DD7-5F55-4898-A471-2136DC3243FC.jpeg

No firewall issues here.

Comment

My university uses outlook / Exchange. I have an iPhone and use Fantastical.app. It combines my work and other calendars into one. Many calendars do not do the encryption necessary for Exchange, but this one does.

What service do you use for your personal calendar? Can't you just create a personal calendar in Outlook? That's what I do. I set sharing permissions on my work calendar so the secretary and a few other people can see my calendar. Then, I set my personal calendar sharing permissions to show blocked off times, but no information about what I am doing; just that I am not available when those times are blocked off.

Comment

I use Gmail and Android.

Comment

I still have my Android phone as well. With it, I used Gmail for mail and the Calendar built into the app. Gmail can now handle Exchange calendars. Have you tried it?

Maybe helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...r_with_google/

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                    I have that same calendar on my desk. Must be something super secret in that baby

Comment

I use what ever the company uses. My admin does it for me. It's kind of funny, one of my female peers says, "her girl" takes care of that. If I used that terminology I would probably get hauled down to H.R.

Comment

Working...
                      X