Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swidman View Post
    I'm 93.
    But to be honest, this type of music isn't my bag. I'm a metal head , so I don't care for most of the music at Coachella. And there are a lot of new bands playing metal that is just as good as the stuff from when thrash was starting.
    Indeed. A renaissance of great metal has been happening for a few years now.

Comment

Fwiw, there are a few playlists on Spotify for the lineup. I'll check it out and report back.

Comment

So far a lot of mumble rap and EDM. Lil Uzi Vert did just say "so she ate my dick like a fish stick"

Comment

Rex Orange County has kind of a throwback to the late 60's sound. The lead singer is annoying though.

Comment

So much autotune. Some of these are objectively good, but very few are my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
              Fwiw, there are a few playlists on Spotify for the lineup. I'll check it out and report back.
              I subscribe to Google Play Music, which gives me YouTube Music (and no ads on YouTube). Now that I've plugged it sufficiently, it also has a Coachella 2020 Playlist with every artist performing. I am on it. I can't wait for the fish stick line.

Comment

It was in Sanguine Paradise. Might not be in your set.

Comment

Way to take one for the team. Report back on your findings.

As soon as I hear autotuned music I tune out. That's the one thing missing from too much "music" today - no real musicianship. It's beats and rhymes and autotune and crap. OK, now I officially feel old as fuck complaining about these damn kids and their noise!

I remember blasting Emerson Lake and Palmer on my stereo as a kid - not sure how my parents let me survive.

Comment

Well, I got through maybe half the list. I had to turn it off though because it was starting to all sound like the same stuff. Probably something to that.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                      Well, I got through maybe half the list. I had to turn it off though because it was starting to all sound like the same stuff. Probably something to that.
                      That's how I feel to often listening to newer music. Seems to be some sort of formula to follow. Not too much originality. I just don't have the patience to sort through all the crap and go looking for stuff that I might like.

Comment

Working...
                      X