Pete Davidson Makes His Stand-Up Fans Sign $1M NDA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Davidson Makes His Stand-Up Fans Sign $1M NDA's

I get making audiences hand their phones over before entering, but this is ridiculous:

"The individual shall not give any interviews, offer any opinions or critiques, or otherwise participate by any means or in any form whatsoever (including but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or any other social networking or other websites whether no existing or hereafter created).” Attendees who didn’t feel comfortable toeing the line of potential bankruptcy #FortheGram, Variety added, were given full refunds."

This basically turns the audience into a focus group, in which case the comic should be paying the attendees rather than the other way around. If an act is developed enough to perform in front of large audiences, it's developed enough to take public criticism (or praise!).

He's taking his breakup with Ariana pretty hard I guess.

Comment

I think I saw, even before all the Ariana Grande stuff that he was kinda nutso

I have never really enjoyed his shtick though, so, this wouldn't be an issue that I'd have to deal with

Comment

I think it's a smart move in this era.

Comment

You know your standup act sucks when you don't just make the audience sign a waiver not to say bad things about it but you that can't talk about your act at all.

Comment

Publicity stunt, pure and simple. Create an air of secrecy and a FOMO if you don't attend.

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
              Publicity stunt, pure and simple. Create an air of secrecy and a FOMO if you don't attend.
              He has a lot more work to do if he’s going to create FOMO with me.

Comment

Threatening to sue your fans sounds like an odd way to try to build your following, but that's just me.

Outside of that, I'm curious what the Wheat lawyers think about this. I see this being pretty difficult to enforce in court the way Davidson/his people intend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

He has a lot more work to do if he’s going to create FOMO with me.
                  To be fair, although I've heard of Van Halen, I had not heard of this clown before today.

Comment

To be fair, although I've heard of Van Halen, I had not heard of this clown before today.
                    Apparently, he was balls deep in Kate Beckinsale recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

Apparently, he was balls deep in Kate Beckinsale recently.
                      Who hasn’t been?

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

Who hasn’t been?
                        *Raises Hand... "where's the line?"

Comment

And if you wanted to find out more about his act, to see if you'd be interested, you couldn't!

Though I guess he's done roasts and been on SNL....but that work wouldn't move the needle to make me want to go see a show....I'll wait for the HBO special to come out and not watch it then

Comment

Actually, I'll write a review of his act right now! Within the terms of the NDA

"There was a show"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                              Actually, I'll write a review of his act right now! Within the terms of the NDA

"There was a show"
                              You’re flirtin’ with a lawsuit, buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X