Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright Cop Haters v. Non Cop Haters

Let's throw down!

Lol, while I am outraged and disgusted by the way the police have abused their power (especially in the African American community), that bitch had it coming!

Comment

My understanding is that there is no requirement to sign. While the driver was an idiot, that was disgraceful behavior from the cop.

My my problem with police is not that they make mistakes like this where they unnecessarily escalate situations or even that some cops are pieces of crap that abuse detainees or even have an occasional bad shoot. It’s that the police don’t hold each other accountable when it happens. There are few consequences for bad cop behavior . So, this type of event becomes increasingly common.

Comment

I'm no cop or lawyer, but I do think you have to sign the ticket or face arrest. This isn't admitting guilt, as you can still contest it, but you have to sign it.

OR ELSE YOU GET YOUR OLD WHITE ASS TAZED AND CUFFED!!!

Comment

Cop gave her every chance and more to comply, IMO...he was calm and she just didn't want to do what he was telling her

you could tell he didn't want to do any of that....I'm interested to hear what you would have him do differently, MotC

Comment

Originally posted by Manonthecouch View Post
            My understanding is that there is no requirement to sign. While the driver was an idiot, that was disgraceful behavior from the cop.

My my problem with police is not that they make mistakes like this where they unnecessarily escalate situations or even that some cops are pieces of crap that abuse detainees or even have an occasional bad shoot. It’s that the police don’t hold each other accountable when it happens. There are few consequences for bad cop behavior . So, this type of event becomes increasingly common.
            I'm a cop hater, one of the few actual ones (most people just get improperly labeled as one if they have any criticism of police). My main reasoning being along the lines of the bolded. If only a small minority of cops were bad then it wouldn't be so common to get a handful of them all fabricating information about a situation whenever there's a screwup. You need extremely high levels of dishonesty to hit those multiple-lying-cop parlays that often.

All that said, I couldn't help but laugh when this woman got thrown on the ground. I'm not sure we need to get this serious over a traffic ticket, but the woman didn't give the guy a lot of good options. He gave her a hell of a lot of leeway, too.
            Last edited by LARPHawk; 07-31-19, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

I'm a cop hater, one of the few actual ones (most people just get improperly labeled as one if they have any criticism of police). My man reasoning being along the lines of the bolded. If only a small minority of cops were bad then it wouldn't be so common to get a handful of them all fabricating information about a situation whenever there's a screwup. You need extremely high levels of dishonesty to hit those multiple-lying-cop parlays that often.

All that said, I couldn't help but laugh when this woman got thrown on the ground. I'm not sure we need to get this serious over a traffic ticket, but the woman didn't give the guy a lot of good options. He gave her a hell of a lot of leeway, too.
              So what percentage of police action is covered under your assertion here. You typically are good with stats, so please back up your position with fact.

Comment

Ha! I live within 10 miles of this town.
                I have no problem with the way this cop handled the situation. He gave her multiple chances to comply and she choose not to. They need to be able to enforce the law, and she was not allowing him to do so. When you choose to resist, I feel that the taser is acceptable.

Comment

I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if the cop had taken a moment to explain that signing the ticket doesn't admit guilt and that if she doesn't sign he would have to arrest her and take her in.

That said ..... LOLOLOLOL

Comment

signing a traffic ticket does not mean you are admitting guilt of any traffic violation. When you sign a ticket or a citation you are just agreeing to pay the ticketor appear in court, if you decide to dispute it. If you refuse to sign the ticket, an officer can arrest you on the spot.

Text above comes from this link: https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/wh...c-ticket-33383

That’s confirming what was noted above since the first response got it wrong.

I laughed at this woman getting what came to her. And misstc is correct that the cop could have likely avoided things by better explaining. But then we’d miss the entertainment.
                    Last edited by sean; 08-01-19, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
                      signing a traffic ticket does not mean you are admitting guilt of any traffic violation. When you sign a ticket or a citation you are just agreeing to pay the ticketor appear in court, if you decide to dispute it. If you refuse to sign the ticket, an officer can arrest you on the spot.

That’s confirming what was noted above. I laughed at this woman getting what came to her. And misstc is correct that the cop could have likely avoided things by better explaining. But then we’d miss the entertainment.
                      She wasn't worried one whit about guilt or innocence, she pretty much admitted something was amiss with her vehicle, just she needed an additional six months to get it repaired and thought it unfair that she wasn't allowed to break the law without repercussions. Got what was coming IMO, when you play stupid games and all . . .

Comment

It probably would have been easier for the cop to just shoot her, put a drop gun on the floorboard and a vial of coke in her glovebox.

Comment

Or they could have watched her die then laugh about it.

Comment

I used to be a 100% pro Law Enforcement / Justice system supporter. That was the way I was raised, part of my core beliefs that law enforcement were there for the protection of citizens. I was a law abiding citizen and volunteer firefighter for 23 years, and only had positive dealings with police officers so had no reason to think otherwise. My opinion changed greatly fathers day 2016 thanks to an off duty, dirt bag lying Highway patrolman (he has since been forced into early retirement) So now instead of my initial reaction being on the side of the cop, when I see stories about altercations with officers, my reaction is now "probably a dirty lying cop".
                            I do not like feeling this way, but I cant help it. One of these days I will tell my story, but it is still too soon.

Comment

That sucks, OK. Like anything, it only takes a few bad apples. Thanks to being a clean cut, older white male, I have only had positive interactions with cops. Most of them are honest, hard working men and women who sincerely want to serve the public and keep us safe. Positive interactions aren't reported on social media, but negative ones are (which is a good thing).

Comment

Working...
                              X