Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Robbery - Lenexa, KS

So, my car was robbed over the weekend.

Was headed to church on Sunday morning and saw my driver's side door was slightly ajar. I've been robbed before, so my stomach dropped...as I approached the car, the glove box was open and there was stuff scattered about from my center console.

I'm super peeved, and feel violated....we have a ring cam up front, but it's sensitivity is adjusted to stop around the end of the drive way and I was on the street.

I know it's my fault cause I think I must have left the car unlocked, which is out of character for me, cause I usually hit the button twice, but maybe my hands were full or something? but there was no broken window or anything, so it must have been unlocked.

They took a pair of prescription ray-bans, a pair of ray-bans I had JUST given to my GF on Friday, I had a jumper battery that they took, air compressor, some cigars I had put in my console, (but they left the torch?), and the thing that gets me is I had just put a new shammy cloth in my trunk for wiping down the mirrors after a car wash, and they took that.

I have a "go-bag" thing in my trunk for emergencies, flashers, first aid, blah blah blah...I saw they got in that bag, but I don't know what they took, and they got in my bowling bag, but didn't take my ball, thank goodness.

I know you should always lock your car and not leave valuables in it, but you'd like to think you could leave sunglasses and stuff in the car. Just frustrating.

Anyway, after talking to the cops, I have to go in to file a report, but I had to get to the airport yesterday, so I'm going to have to do it when I get back this weekend, which they said was fine....they said they'd fingerprint it, but I have to assume these dudes were wearing gloves....also, some other people on the neighborhood watch app said they'd been robbed recently, and the cops are already investigating, so, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll find them

but I'm sure I'll have to replace everything, cause it's long gone otherwise

Man, how pissed are they gonna be when they try to wear those prescription sunglasses. Tell the cops to look for somebody with watery eyes and a headache.

Comment

Chances are you didn’t leave it unlocked. A good thief can be in almost any car in less than a minute or two.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
        Man, how pissed are they gonna be when they try to wear those prescription sunglasses. Tell the cops to look for somebody with watery eyes and a headache.
        Very low prescription, if anything, it'll just make things a little bit sharper for them....assholes!

Comment

That's annoying. I got a great dude to buy from in China if you want some quality Ray-ban knockoffs!

Comment

Sucks, my friend.

Comment

My son drives a Ford and his wife drove a GM vehicle. The position of the button on the Ford FOB that locks the door unlocks GM's. She was driving his car one night, got out and unlocked it thinking she had locked it, and it was gone in the morning.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear, Joe. At least they didn't get anything of sentimental value, save the Ray-Bans.

Comment

Accidentally left my car unlocked, and someone popped the hood and stole my battery. That sucked. They didn't steal anything of value out of the car, because I almost never keep anything of value in my car.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                    Chances are you didn’t leave it unlocked. A good thief can be in almost any car in less than a minute or two.
                    A good thief, maybe. But most petty thieves that steal shit out of cars aren't very good, I imagine.

Comment

Thanks, friends...yeah, I learned my lesson for sure on the things of value....which are always at least out of sight, but that obviously doesn't really deter someone from trying your door.

Irritating that I can't leave something like sunglasses in the car, which I know, is just a stupid first world problem, I'll just have to start putting them by my keys and remembering to grab them

Comment

I like living in a small town, for 20 years we never locked house, and left keys in vehicles. About the last 6 years or so we have started locking everything up, the makeup of the town has changed quite a bit, and crime has gone up, still not as bad as big city tho.

Comment

Mexicans?

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
                            Mexicans?
                            no, Mary Kay. They used to use CoverGirl.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

no, Mary Kay. They used to use CoverGirl.
                              Maybe it's Maybelline.

Comment

Working...
                              X