Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back In The day

Oh well.
    Last edited by Doc Jennison; 06-29-19, 08:28 PM.

Originally posted by Doc Jennison
    Chick fight on an LA roof in 1933. {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"1946-934x.jpg","data-attachmentid":503638}
    Does the loser have to juggle?

Comment

Southwestern stewardess 1968. {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"01aa53d170b60c27f3b12b00e3cc01d9.jpg","data-attachmentid":503618}
      She's a grandmother now.
      I’m old enough to remember when most stewardess’ were actually hot. Since they started referring to them as flight attendants, an attractive one is a rare find.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

I’m old enough to remember when most stewardess’ were actually hot. Since they started referring to them as flight attendants, an attractive one is a rare find.
        Disagree. It was a rare find during the 00s when we went a good decade without airlines hiring. These days I see a cute young girl on a flight as often as not. Delta seems to have the most new hires.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

Disagree. It was a rare find during the 00s when we went a good decade without airlines hiring. These days I see a cute young girl on a flight as often as not. Delta seems to have the most new hires.
          I fly Delta about 2-3 round trip per month and I have not had this experience. 1 out of 10 are mildly attractive, but back in the 70’s and 80’s 3 out of 4 was attractive. That was back in the day when you could hire based on looks and body type without suffering the consequences.

Comment

Doc J is the master of these threads. Always worth checking in on these.

Comment

I can think of few things more dangerous than motorized roller skates.

Comment

Doc........more please!

Comment

Originally posted by Protist View Post
                  Doc J is the master of these threads. Always worth checking in on these.
                  Agree

Comment

My grandpa attended KU in 1915-16 and lived on Indiana street. He used to tell me about how they would bobsled down the hills, down Indiana from 12th (where the Oread is now), or east from the top of the hill at 11th, 12th, or 13th Sts. They would post a guy at each intersection to look out for cars and the occasional horse drawn cart. Grandpa said that if the police ever caught them "they really gave us the business!"

Nutty KU students in a bobsled in 1912.

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"ksrl_ua_71.0_student.activities_1912_0001-768x396.jpg","data-attachmentid":503916}

Comment

Chuck Jones' original rules for the Road Runner cartoon (with Wile E. Coyote).

12D48768-1C81-45EA-9111-EF36E49FC459.jpeg

Comment

^^ Looks like the same crowd size we get now!

Comment

Not your usual family. The boy in the center is Reinhard Heydrich. Seared to the left is his brother Heinz and to the right is their sister Maria.

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"heyd10xs.jpg","data-attachmentid":504085}
                          I wonder if Heydrich was evil as a child?

Comment

He was probably good at following orders...

Comment

What is this? A house for ants? Ants with tiny hands?

Comment

Working...
                              X