Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliche "Superbowl Commercial" thread

Post em here, Hyundai was good

I know it's in the trailer thread, but movie of the year candidate needs to be posted everywhere

Comment

The best IMO

Comment

Well, this covers it

Link

Comment

The NFL 100 and the the one with Michael Bluth in the elevator were the best. With an honorable mention for The Dude with Sarah Jessica Parker's tits and the M&Ms with the still-gorgeous Christina Applegate. The GOT dragon frying the Bud Light kingdom was pretty good too. The rest were definitely beyond meh.

Comment

The few mentioned here were literally the only
            ones worth taking about. Well, except for the T Mobile ads, which my wife and I laughed at (because we could relate). However, awcknowledgimg simple, funny truths about ourselves is apparently sexist. Go figure.

Comment

The NFL 100 ad and the Stella Artois ads were both great. The Verizon ad with the Chargers coach being surprised by the first responders who saved his life was pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                The NFL 100 ad and the Stella Artois ads were both great. The Verizon ad with the Chargers coach being surprised by the first responders who saved his life was pretty damn good.
                I took that one with a grain of salt....looked like a good message though

While some Super Bowl viewers may have missed the subtext, the campaign follows criticism over Verizon’s work with firefighters during last year’s California wildfires. As part of a lawsuit filed last year challenging the Federal Communication Commission’s repeal of net neutrality rules, Santa Clara County disclosed a harrowing story: firefighters had their data speeds slowed by Verizon as they were battling flames. In a statement at the time, the company admitted throttling an unlimited data plan and said that it “made a mistake in how we communicated with our customer about the terms of its plan.”

Comment

You wanna know what I think is awesome? Outside of the Bud Light GOT dragon and the M&Ms, I cannot tell you a single product that any of the other commercials were peddling. If they seemed melodramatic, preachy or just social justicy in anyway, my brain naturally tuned them out as worthless background noise.

Comment

The wind turbines in the Budweiser Clydesdales ad were not real and added in post-production.

I didn't pay especially close attention to most of the commercials. I got a kick out of the T-Mobile ad where the girl texts the guy asking what he wants for dinner and the guy types out and deletes a bunch of different responses before getting to the right one. All in all, though, the combo of the Chiefs missing out plus Patriots fatigue plus a bad game once it got going led to much less investment than usual on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                      The wind turbines in the Budweiser Clydesdales ad were not real and added in post-production.

I didn't pay especially close attention to most of the commercials. I got a kick out of the T-Mobile ad where the girl texts the guy asking what he wants for dinner and the guy types out and deletes a bunch of different responses before getting to the right one. All in all, though, the combo of the Chiefs missing out plus Patriots fatigue plus a bad game once it got going led to much less investment than usual on my part.
                      Are you usually more invested when the Chiefs are in the SB and it’s been a while since the Pats have been?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

Are you usually more invested when the Chiefs are in the SB and it’s been a while since the Pats have been?
                        It wasn't just me. Ratings hit a 10-year low and the Kansas City market fell from 10th to 20th nationally from 2018 to 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

It wasn't just me. Ratings hit a 10-year low and the Kansas City market fell from 10th to 20th nationally from 2018 to 2019.
                          I blame Maroon 5 and Kia.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                            I know it's in the trailer thread, but movie of the year candidate needs to be posted everywhere

Take my money now.

Comment

Working...
                            X