Travel Recommendation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

Oahu - Ala Moana food hall (make sure you're not in the regular food court), Iyasume for musubis

Maui - Tin Roof, Paia Fish Market, Miso Phat Sushi
    Lol @Miso Phat Sushi.

Comment

• Oahu: in the basement of the Waikiki Shopping Plaza, in the Asian food court. Head to the back to the Ramen Bario for some really great ramen. Add their dried chili powder.

Comment

• Humble brag time - taking wife and 2 sons (both in 20s) to Turks & Caicos middle of next week. We were there 20 years ago and it was one of the most beautiful locations I've ever been to in the Carib. Grace Bay is absolutely stunning turquoise water. Great diving and snorkeling. Beautiful long beach.
        Since it's been 20 years, I'm assuming a lot has changed and there will be a lot more resorts and people than last time there. But this is all about a week away from February in KC. Oh, and drinking heavily to celebrate the Chief's winning the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Jealous. My favorite hidey hole is Jost Van Dyke in BVI. But I'm a misanthrope who hates being around other people, so don't tell anyone about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
            Jealous. My favorite hidey hole is Jost Van Dyke in BVI. But I'm a misanthrope who hates being around other people, so don't tell anyone about it.
            I've never done BVI. But everyone raves about it being much more laid back than USVI (especially St Thomas).

Comment

• Originally posted by lumberjack View Post

I've never done BVI. But everyone raves about it being much more laid back than USVI (especially St Thomas).
              St. Thomas (St. Trauma, as the locals say) kinda sucks. St. John, on the other hand, is great. Naturally, it costs more and is harder to get to, but that's to be expected.

Comment

• Just find the islands the cruise ships can't get to.

Comment

• Miami is throwing a big party this weekend. Prices are kinda high though.

Comment

• Spending a little time around Divide Colorado for my wifes birthday, we rented a cabin, she just wants to chill, and maybe do some hiking. Went to Paradox Beer Co. last night, pretty solid beer, and they had a taco truck out front. Any hiking recs, or things to do around this area?

Comment

• I love Colorado, but when we go, we usually end up in the Breckenridge/Frisco area. I've been to that area a few times. If you haven't been there before, Manitou Springs has a lot of great little shops/restaurants/bars. Pike's Peak Cog railway or just hiking up Pikes Peak is always an option.
                      I'm not a big fan of the Springs, itself. It's like "Topeka with a view." Garden of the Gods is a great place to go for a short hike and just walk around. Old Colorado Springs also used to have a lot of nice little bars/restaurants/shops, etc, but I haven't really been there for about 10 years or so.

There are a couple of trails south of Divide off of highway 67 (Follow 67 south to a sign that says "Crag's CG, then follow the sign). That will take you to the Crag's Campground Trailhead and the Raspberry Mountain Trailhead. Both take you up the West side of Pike's Peak.

Comment

• Miss TC, we climbed pikes peak via Barr for my 50th birthday, camped one night at Barr camp, and finished the climb the second day. My wife had heard there was a back side climb of pikes, turns out it is that Crags you mentioned. we saw the sign for crags CG, but I hadnt seen your post yet. we hiked Horse thief falls hike, not too bad, 3 miles round trip, and then did some hiking at Meuller state park. I think we will go to Crags today, and hike a little, to get the lay of the land, and maybe come back in the summer and give Pikes peak a try from that side.
                        Ate supper in divide at McGintys, I guess they just opened this week for inside dining because of the china virus, their special was fish and chips with clam chowder, damn good, good local beers on tap. You would be proud of me, I wore a face covering to enter for the 10 seconds it took us to get to our table. Not the dumbest thing I have ever heard of, but damn sure top 10.

Comment

Working...
                        X