Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramen at home tips?

I obviously worked from home today.

I love ramen. It’s especially awesome at good restaurants, but nobody got time for that.

When making it at home, I typically buy udon style (same package style, not talking fresh noodles) from an Asian market. Boil it on the stovetop, add all the stuff, and then poach an egg in the broth at the end of the boil. Then if it still needs some spice I’ll add some sriracha.

What else would you all recommend? What’s your go-to addition if you have one? Do you love a different style noodle instead? Give me all the secrets oh wise ones!

WolfShirtSophomore you will notice I got the right board this time. I credit you for your guidance.

Comment

ProTip: Do not eat ramen.

Comment

Dillons has good organic noodles around $2 a pack. Buy Umami Ninja Dashi packets at Amazon. Boil them for your broth, add whatever meat and veg you like. Never boil the noodles in the broth, do it separately then pour broth over the noodles and toppings in your bowl. This is how restaurants do it.

Comment

I go with 2 eggs near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
            WolfShirtSophomore you will notice I got the right board this time. I credit you for your guidance.
            Glad I could shame you into doing the right thing.

Comment

Either Top Ramen or Maruchan four packs. Beef flavor. Don't be one of those pantyweights who adds the flavor packet to the ramen while still cooking. No. Drain this shit and then load up on the flavor packets for maximum sodium goodness.

Comment

In my many years of cooking Ramen (1992-98ish), there's but one tip I learned. Don't pass out after putting the pot of water on the stove. Didn't realize there was any more to it than that.

Comment

I usually prepare Ramen per package directions. Once done, I toss in the trash and eat something good.

Comment

I prefer Hamberders.

Comment

The drunker you are the better cheap Ramen tastes.

Comment

Working...
                      X